Daphne E Demello
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Cardiac conduction abnormalities and congenital immunodeficiency in a child with Kabuki syndrome: case reportMaulik Shah
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University, 1465 South Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63104 1095, USA
BMC Med Genet 6:28. 2005..Congenital heart defects and a number of visceral abnormalities have been added to the typical dysmorphic features originally described...
- Generation of an immortal differentiated lung type-II epithelial cell line from the adult H-2K(b)tsA58 transgenic mouseD E deMello
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, Missouri 63104, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 36:374-82. 2000..The T7 cell line, therefore, should prove a valuable experimental system to advance the study of the cell biology/physiology of surfactant metabolism and secretion as well as serve as a model for other studies of Type-II cell physiology...
- A matter of life and breathDaphne E De Mello
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital and Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, 1465 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:422-4. 2004
- Pulmonary pathologyDaphne E Demello
Department of Pathology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center and Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Semin Neonatol 9:311-29. 2004..There is also a critical need for establishing an archival tissue bank to permit future molecular biological studies...
- Generation and characterization of a conditionally immortalized lung clara cell line from the H-2Kb-tsA58 transgenic mouseDaphne E Demello
Department of Pathology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center and Pediatric Research Institute, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, Missouri 63104, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 38:154-64. 2002..This cell line should be very useful for the investigation of normal Clara cell function and gene expression...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha from macrophages enhances LPS-induced clara cell expression of keratinocyte-derived chemokineArnon Elizur
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 902 Yalem, Box 8052, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:8-15. 2008..These findings shed light on macrophage-Clara cell interactions in regulating the pulmonary inflammatory response to LPS...
- Pulmonary pathology in thyroid transcription factor-1 deficiency syndromeCsaba Galambos
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:549-54. 2010..These findings are consistent with experimental evidence documenting the important role of TTF-1 in pulmonary morphogenesis and surfactant metabolism...
- Regulation of alveologenesis: clinical implications of impaired growthCsaba Galambos
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pathology 40:124-40. 2008....
- Molecular mechanisms of pulmonary vascular developmentCsaba Galambos
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:1-17. 2007....
- Clara cells impact the pulmonary innate immune response to LPSArnon Elizur
Division of Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 293:L383-92. 2007..These results indicate that Clara cells elaborate cytokines and modulate the lung innate immune response to LPS...
- Defective pulmonary development in the absence of heparin-binding vascular endothelial growth factor isoformsCsaba Galambos
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center and Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 27:194-203. 2002..We concluded that the absence of VEGF 164 and 188 isoforms impairs lung microvascular development and delays airspace maturation, indicating an essential role for heparin-binding VEGF isoforms in normal lung development...
- A novel inflammation-induced ubiquitin E3 ligase in alveolar type II cellsYan Hu
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:253-63. 2005..We conclude that LINCR is a novel inflammation-induced ubiquitin E3 ligase expressed in alveolar epithelial type II cells, and discuss its potential role in the lung response to inflammation...
- Development of vaccines and passive immunotherapy against SARS coronavirus using mouse and SCID-PBL/hu mouse modelsMasaji Okada
Clinical Research Center, National Hospital Organization Kinki chuo Chest Medical Center, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 581:561-6. 2006..These vaccines are expected to induce immune responses specific for SARS CoV in human and should provide useful tool for development of protective vaccines...