James D Churchill
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- The nootropic properties of ginseng saponin Rb1 are linked to effects on anxietyJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Winona State University, MN, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 37:178-87. 2002..These data suggest that Rb1 can improve memory for a visual discrimination task and that the nootropic effect may be related to changes in anxiety...
- Morphological correlates of injury-induced reorganization in primate somatosensory cortexJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:43. 2004..In this study, we used Golgi impregnation and light microscopy to assess dendritic morphology following denervation of the glabrous hand surface in adult primates...
- The influence of post-nerve injury survival duration on receptive field size: location, location, locationJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, 3511 Laclede Avenue, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Neurosci Lett 405:10-3. 2006..These observations suggest that the mechanisms responsible for the refinement of receptive fields are, primarily, resident to the cortex...
- Genetic influences on hippocampal structure and function in recombinant inbred miceMaureen V Martin
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Behav Brain Res 196:78-83. 2009....
- A brain adaptation view of plasticity: is synaptic plasticity an overly limited concept?Aaron W Grossman
Beckman Institute, Neuroscience Program, Medical Scholars Program, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Prog Brain Res 138:91-108. 2002..Appreciation of this aspect of the brain's adaptive process may allow us to better understand the capacity of the brain to tailor a particular set of changes to the demands of the specific experiences that generated them...
- Experience effects on brain development: possible contributions to psychopathologyAaron W Grossman
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:33-63. 2003....
- Do Housing Conditions Influence Learning & Retention of a Working Memory Task?JAMES CHURCHILL; Fiscal Year: 2006..By better understanding how such experiences influence brain function, we might be able to better refine strategies to promote healthy development and long-term maintenance of a healthy nervous system. ..