E Andrew Balas
Affiliation: Saint Louis University
- Computerized knowledge management in diabetes careE Andrew Balas
School of Public Health, St Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Med Care 42:610-21. 2004..The purpose of this article is to identify the impact of automated information interventions on diabetes care and patient outcomes and to enable this knowledge to be incorporated into diabetes care practice...
- Healthcare via cell phones: a systematic reviewSantosh Krishna
School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Telemed J E Health 15:231-40. 2009....
- Web and computer telephone-based diabetes education: lessons learnt from the development and use of a call centerGianluca De Leo
School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Med Syst 29:343-55. 2005..We believe our system is providing "active health" since we deliver educational messages to patients at regular intervals and at the time of their choice without waiting for their actions...
- Internet-enabled interactive multimedia asthma education program: a randomized trialSantosh Krishna
School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Pediatrics 111:503-10. 2003..To determine whether health outcomes of children who have asthma can be improved through the use of an Internet-enabled interactive multimedia asthma education program...
- From SARS to systems: developing advanced knowledge management for public healthE Andrew Balas
School of Public Health, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 100:149-56. 2004..We need to find ways to integrate new scientific knowledge into our environment in order to expedite the translation of research to practice...
- Identifying cost management strategies in dialysis clinics: sustainable savings with positive outcomesTimothy D West
Department of Accounting, John M Olin School of Business, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130 4899, USA
Am J Manag Care 8:449-60. 2002..To examine whether cost management strategies are used in a revenue-constrained environment without compromising clinical effectiveness...
- eLearning: a review of Internet-based continuing medical educationRita Wutoh
Howard University College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Division of Allied Health Sciences, 6th and Bryant Streets, NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 24:20-30. 2004..Additional studies need to be performed to assess how long these new learned behaviors could be sustained. eLearning will continue to evolve as new innovations and more interactive modes are incorporated into learning...
- Evaluation of a Diabetes Education Call Center interventionSuzanne Austin Boren
School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Telemed J E Health 12:457-65. 2006..Automated education is a viable solution when healthcare organizations and regions that as a result of a lack of human and financial resources cannot afford a diabetes educator...
- Improving clinical practice using clinical decision support systems: a systematic review of trials to identify features critical to successKensaku Kawamoto
Division of Clinical Informatics, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Box 2914, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
BMJ 330:765. 2005..Clinicians and other stakeholders should implement clinical decision support systems that incorporate these features whenever feasible and appropriate...
- The Citizen Health System (CHS): a modular medical contact center providing quality telemedicine servicesNicos Maglaveras
Laboratory of Medical Informatics, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 9:353-62. 2005..It is shown, through specific examples, how quality of healthcare delivery can be increased by using such a system...
- Teleconsultation practice guidelines: report from G8 Global Health Applications Subproject 4Michael Nerlich
Department of Trauma Surgery, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Telemed J E Health 8:411-8. 2002..The recommendations provide an initial step toward developing a general guideline platform for the practice of telemedicine/teleconsultation...