David J Diemert
Affiliation: Sabin Vaccine Institute
- Prevention and self-treatment of traveler's diarrheaDavid J Diemert
Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative, Sabin Vaccine Institute, 1889 F St NW, Suite 200S, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 19:583-94. 2006..In the future, vaccines-several of which are in the advanced stages of clinical testing-may be added to the list of prophylactic measures...
- Generalized urticaria induced by the Na-ASP-2 hookworm vaccine: implications for the development of vaccines against helminthsDavid J Diemert
Albert B Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:169-76.e6. 2012..Vaccination of laboratory animals with recombinant Na-ASP-2 provides significant protection against challenge infections. In endemic areas antibodies to Na-ASP-2 are associated with reduced risk of heavy N americanus infections...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of the Na-ASP-2 hookworm vaccine in unexposed adultsJeffrey M Bethony
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University Health Center, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Vaccine 26:2408-17. 2008....
- Developing vaccines to combat hookworm infection and intestinal schistosomiasisPeter J Hotez
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 8:814-26. 2010..New genomic, proteomic, immunological and X-ray crystallographic data have led to the discovery of several promising candidate vaccine antigens. Here, we describe recent progress in this field and the rationale for vaccine development...
- Potency testing for the experimental Na-GST-1 hookworm vaccineAmar R Jariwala
Albert B Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 9:1219-30. 2010..Our experience is that much of the existing information is proprietary and needs to be pulled together in a single source to aid in our overall understanding of potency testing...
- Hookworm vaccinesDavid J Diemert
Sabin Vaccine Institute, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:282-8. 2008..Plans call for eventual development of a vaccine that will combine at least 2 hookworm antigens--one targeting the larval stage of the life cycle and another targeting the adult worm living in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Prevention and self-treatment of travelers' diarrheaDavid J Diemert
Malaria Vaccine Development Unit, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Twinbrook I, Room 1123, 5640 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Prim Care 29:843-55, vi(2). 2002..If diarrhea does develop despite precautions, effective treatment, usually a combination of an antibiotic and an antimotility agent, can be taken along and started by the traveler at the onset of symptoms...