Lynn A Warner
Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Longitudinal effects of age at onset and first drinking situations on problem drinkingLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:1983-2016. 2003..In particular, further research focusing on the subjective effects experienced by youth when they first drink may be merited...
- Remission from drug dependence symptoms and drug use cessation among women drug users in puerto ricoLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:1034-41. 2004..Little is known about remission patterns among drug users in the community...
- US patterns of mental health service utilization for transition-age youth and young adultsKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 536 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:373-89. 2008....
- Low-income women's use of substance abuse and mental health servicesDaniel Rosen
School of Social Work, University of Pittsburgh, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:206-19. 2004..The authors argue that the success of welfare reform may hinge on low-income women's access to and utilization of appropriate services...
- Medical problems among adolescents in U.S. mental health services: relationship to functional impairmentLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 33:366-79. 2006..The results underscore the need for adolescent behavioral health research and practice to attend to multiple influences on functioning...
- Youths living away from families in the US mental health system: opportunities for targeted interventionKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 30 College Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 32:264-81. 2005..Targeting resources to enhance the availability and therapeutic capacity of foster care may facilitate community living, and decrease time spent in institutional settings...
- Prevalence and age of onset for drug use in seven international sites: results from the international consortium of psychiatric epidemiologyWilliam A Vega
Institute for Quality, Research, and Training, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, 335 George Street, 3rd Floor, Liberty Plaza, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 68:285-97. 2002..Methodological limitations of the study along with recommendations for future international comparative research are discussed...
- Use of psychotropic medications by youths with psychiatric diagnoses in the U.S. mental health systemLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, 536 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:309-11. 2004..Future research on best practices may be most effective if the role of medication in the treatment of single and co-occurring disorders among youths is evaluated...
- Ante- and postpartum substance abuse treatment and antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected women on MedicaidLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 58:143-53. 2003..These results may have implications for policy makers interested in promoting adherence to ART and decreasing substance abuse among women with HIV/AIDS...
- Initiation and change of psychotropic medication regimens among adolescents in inpatient careLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany SUNY, 135 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:701-12. 2007....
- Hispanic drug abuse in an evolving cultural context: an agenda for researchLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, State University of New York, 135 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:S8-16. 2006..e., family and peer group), and community level influences on drug use, and offers a systematic agenda for future research...
- Alcohol initiation experiences and family history of alcoholism as predictors of problem-drinking trajectoriesLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, Richardson Hall, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:56-65. 2007....