Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Central CRF receptor antagonist a-helical CRF9-41 blocks reinstatement of extinguished fear: the role of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalisJaylyn Waddell
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:1061-9. 2008....
- Contextual control of inhibition with reinforcement: adaptation and timing mechanismsMark E Bouton
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Exp Psychol Anim Behav Process 34:223-36. 2008..IWR may occur in conditioned suppression because the animal adapts to fear of the CS in a context-specific manner. The authors discuss several implications...
- C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mice differ in extinction and renewal of extinguished conditioned fearJaylyn Waddell
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, John Dewey Hall, 2 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Behav Brain Res 154:567-76. 2004..These data suggest that the nature of extinction learning is influenced by characteristics of the inbred mouse strain...
- Effects of bed nucleus of the stria terminalis lesions on conditioned anxiety: aversive conditioning with long-duration conditional stimuli and reinstatement of extinguished fearJaylyn Waddell
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Behav Neurosci 120:324-36. 2006..Results are consistent with behavioral and anatomical distinctions between fear and anxiety and with a behavior-systems view of defensive conditioning...
- Posttraining lesion of the superior colliculus interferes with feature-negative discrimination of fear-potentiated startleJaylyn Waddell
Department of Psychology, The University of Vermont, John Dewey Hall, 2 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Behav Brain Res 142:115-24. 2003..The SC receives polymodal sensory information and is known to project forebrain areas involved in the production of conditioned fear. Thus, the SC may be an important component of the feature-negative discrimination circuit...