Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Effects of smoking on the genetic risk of obesity: the population architecture using genomics and epidemiology studyMegan D Fesinmeyer
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
BMC Med Genet 14:6. 2013..Although smoking behavior is known to affect body mass index (BMI), the potential for smoking to influence genetic associations with BMI is largely unexplored...
- Enhanced genetic maps from family-based disease studies: population-specific comparisonsChunsheng He
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:15. 2011..A large set of genetic studies genotyped by the NHLBI Mammalian Genotyping Service (MGS) provide appropriate data for generating more accurate maps...
- Systematic evaluation of map quality: human chromosome 22Tara C Matise
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:1398-410. 2002....
- A 3.9-centimorgan-resolution human single-nucleotide polymorphism linkage map and screening setTara C Matise
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, 08840, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:271-84. 2003..Evaluations indicate that this SNP screening set is more informative than the Marshfield Clinic's commonly used microsatellite-based screening set...
- A second-generation combined linkage physical map of the human genomeTara C Matise
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genome Res 17:1783-6. 2007..With nearly twice as many markers as our first-generation map, the Rutgers Map continues to be a unique and comprehensive resource for obtaining genetic map information for large sets of polymorphic markers...
- MAP-O-MAT: internet-based linkage mappingX Kong
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University Piscataway NJ 08854, USA
Bioinformatics 21:557-9. 2005..AVAILABILITY: MAP-O-MAT is located at http://compgen.rutgers.edu/mapomat/ CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org...
- Transmission disequilibrium test power and sample size in the presence of locus heterogeneityChuanwen Chen
Rutgers University, USA
Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol 8:Article 44. 2009..Finally, as the effect size of the disease locus increases, the sample size necessary to detect association decreases in the presence of locus heterogeneity. We provide freely available software that can perform these calculations...
- A combined linkage-physical map of the human genomeX Kong
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08840, USA
Am J Hum Genet 75:1143-8. 2004....
- Cognitive traits link to human chromosomal regionsSteven Buyske
Department of Statistics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Behav Genet 36:65-76. 2006..Although the validity of these results beyond populations with a susceptibility for alcohol dependence is unclear, these results are among the first linkage results for non-language components of cognition...
- The map problem: a comparison of genetic and sequence-based physical mapsAndrew T Dewan
The Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:101-7. 2002..This Web site also contains genetic-map distances, physical-map positions from the Celera and Human Genome Project sequence, and likelihood-ratio support for the genetic maps...
- Linkage disequilibrium and inference of ancestral recombination in 538 single-nucleotide polymorphism clusters across the human genomeAndrew G Clark
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:285-300. 2003..This result is consistent with differences in the genealogical depth of local genomic regions, a finding that has direct bearing on the design and utility of LD mapping and on the National Institutes of Health HapMap project...
- Age-related macular degeneration--a genome scan in extended familiesJacek Majewski
Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:540-50. 2003..Our study has identified new loci that should be considered in future mapping and mutational analyses of AMD and has strengthened the evidence in support of loci suggested by other studies...
- Map error reduction: using genetic and sequence-based physical maps to order closely linked markersAndrew T Dewan
The Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Hum Hered 54:34-44. 2002..1% of the markers in the chromosome 3 and 21 regions, respectively. To increase the accuracy of the order of markers selected for fine mapping a method is presented which combines information from genetic and sequence-based physical maps...
- Construction of a 5000(rad) whole-genome radiation hybrid panel in the horse and generation of a comprehensive and comparative map for ECA11Bhanu P Chowdhary
Division of Animal Genetics, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Grønnegårdsvej 3, 1870, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Mamm Genome 13:89-94. 2002..A comparative status of the ECA11 map in relation to the corresponding human/mouse chromosome is presented...
- Widespread RNA editing of embedded alu elements in the human transcriptomeDennis D Y Kim
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genome Res 14:1719-25. 2004..Therefore, Alu-associated RNA editing may be a mechanism for marking nonstandard transcripts, not destined for translation...
- INTEGRATED MAPS USING RADIATION HYBRIDSTara Matise; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, she proposes to develop web-based servers to allow outside users to calculate map positions, based on multiple public radiation hybrid and linkage maps, of a marker or set of markers. ..
- The Genetics of Female Reproductive AgingTara Matise; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, enhancing our understanding of reproductive senescence may facilitate improvements in technologies used for assisted reproduction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Rutgers Mapping ResourcesTara C Matise; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposal is submitted under PAR-05-057 "Continued development and maintenance of software," which aims to "support the continued development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of existing software." ..