Felissa R Lashley
Affiliation: Rutgers University
- A review of sleep in selected immune and autoimmune disordersFelissa R Lashley
College of Nursing, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 17:65-80. 2003..Evidence for the reciprocal role of the immune system in sleep is growing. Sleep disturbances are believed to be both a cause and a consequence of various immune and autoimmune conditions...
- Factors contributing to the occurrence of emerging infectious diseasesFelissa R Lashley
College of Nursing, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Ackerson Hall, Suite 102, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Biol Res Nurs 4:258-67. 2003..Behavioral and lifestyle choices are also a major influence on the emergence and spread of many EIDs and require attention. Factors contributing to the appearance of emerging and reemerging infectious diseases are discussed...
- Emerging infectious diseases: vulnerabilities, contributing factors and approachesFelissa R Lashley
College of Nursing, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 180 University Avenue, Ackerson Hall, Suite 102, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2:299-316. 2004..Appropriate financial support of the public health infrastructure including surveillance, prevention, communication, adherence techniques and the like will be needed to support efforts to address emerging infectious disease threats...
- Current use and opinions regarding human patient simulators in nursing education: an international surveyWendy M Nehring
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing, Newark, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 25:244-8. 2004..The results provide a foundation for early use of the HPS in nursing education at all levels...
- Emerging infectious diseases at the beginning of the 21st centuryFelissa R Lashley
College of Nursing at Rutgers, New Jersey, USA
Online J Issues Nurs 11:2. 2006..The article provides for each agent a brief historical background, case descriptions, and health care implications...
- Transmission and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS: a global viewFelissa R Lashley
College of Nursing, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 180 University Avenue, Suite 102, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 41:339-54, v. 2006..This article focuses on epidemiology of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and worldwide, and on transmission, including susceptibility factors...