Amy B Howell
Affiliation: Rutgers University
- A-type cranberry proanthocyanidins and uropathogenic bacterial anti-adhesion activityAmy B Howell
Marucci Center for Blueberry Cranberry Research, Rutgers University, Chatsworth, NJ 08019, USA
Phytochemistry 66:2281-91. 2005..Results suggest that presence of the A-type linkage in cranberry proanthocyanidins may enhance both in vitro and urinary bacterial anti-adhesion activities and aid in maintaining urinary tract health...
- Cranberry proanthocyanidins and the maintenance of urinary tract healthAmy B Howell
Marucci Center for Blueberry and Cranberry Research and Extension, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Chatsworth 08019, USA
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 42:273-8. 2002..Little is known about the bioavailability and structure-activity relationships of cranberry proanthocyanidins. Data on how certain structural features of the molecules can influence bioactivity and bioavailability are reviewed...
- Consumption of sweetened dried cranberries versus unsweetened raisins for inhibition of uropathogenic Escherichia coli adhesion in human urine: a pilot studyJames A Greenberg
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 11:875-8. 2005....
- Cranberry juice and adhesion of antibiotic-resistant uropathogensAmy B Howell
Marucci Center for Blueberry and Cranberry Research, Rutgers University, Chatsworth, NJ, USA
JAMA 287:3082-3. 2002
- Bioactive compounds in cranberries and their role in prevention of urinary tract infectionsAmy B Howell
Marucci Center or Blueberry and Cranberry Research and Extension, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Chatsworth, NJ 08019, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:732-7. 2007..The link between cranberry ingestion and maintenance of urinary tract health as well as the structural diversity, pharmacokinetics, quantification, and bacterial antiadhesion bioactivity of the A-linked cranberry PACs are reviewed...
- The pomegranate: effects on bacteria and viruses that influence human healthAmy B Howell
Marucci Center for Blueberry and Cranberry Research, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Chatsworth, NJ 08019, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:606212. 2013....
- Cranberry proanthocyanidins inhibit the adherence properties of Candida albicans and cytokine secretion by oral epithelial cellsMark Feldman
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:6. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of A-type cranberry proanthocyanidins (AC-PACs) on pathogenic properties of C. albicans as well as on the inflammatory response of oral epithelial cells induced by this oral pathogen...
- Dosage effect on uropathogenic Escherichia coli anti-adhesion activity in urine following consumption of cranberry powder standardized for proanthocyanidin content: a multicentric randomized double blind studyAmy B Howell
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Espri26, Universite Montpellier 1, Nimes, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:94. 2010....
- Cranberry proanthocyanidins induce apoptosis and inhibit acid-induced proliferation of human esophageal adenocarcinoma cellsLaura A Kresty
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:676-80. 2008..These findings support that further mechanistic studies are warranted to more fully elucidate the inhibitory potential of PAC against esophageal cancer...
- Effective separation of potent antiproliferation and antiadhesion components from wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium Ait.) fruitsBarbara M Schmidt
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1201 South Dorner Drive, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:6433-42. 2004..These findings suggest both antiadhesion and antiproliferation activity are associated with high molecular weight proanthocyanidin oligomers found in wild blueberry fruits...
- Identification of Bioactive Cranberry MetabolitesAmy Howell; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli bacteria with known virulence factors. This will establish their utility for use as a broad-spectrum marker for measuring compliance to cranberry protocols. ..