Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Activation of adherent vascular neutrophils in the lung during acute endotoxemiaVasanthi R Sunil
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, 160 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8020, USA
Respir Res 3:21. 2002..In the present study, we analyzed the effects of acute endotoxemia on the response of a unique subpopulation of neutrophils tightly adhered to the lung vasculature...
- Doxycycline hydrogels as a potential therapy for ocular vesicant injuryMarion K Gordon
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:407-19. 2010....
- CollagensMarion K Gordon
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Cell Tissue Res 339:247-57. 2010..Proper tissue function depends on correctly assembled molecular aggregates being incorporated into the matrix. This review highlights some of the structural characteristics of collagen types I-XXVIII...
- Differential gene expression profiling of mouse skin after sulfur mustard exposure: Extended time response and inhibitor effectDonald R Gerecke
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute EOHSI, a joint institute of UMDNJ RW Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University, 170 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:156-65. 2009..These results can help in understanding the molecular mechanism of SM-induced blistering, as well as to test the efficacy of different inhibitors...
- UVB light regulates expression of antioxidants and inflammatory mediators in human corneal epithelial cellsAdrienne T Black
Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, 160 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 81:873-80. 2011..Alterations in expression of these mediators are likely to be important in regulating inflammation and protecting the cornea from UVB-induced oxidative stress...
- Preferential expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in mouse skin after sulfur mustard exposureMichael P Shakarjian
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854 5635, USA
J Appl Toxicol 26:239-46. 2006..These observations suggest the differential expression of MMP-2 and -9 during the cutaneous response to SM injury and suggest a role for MMP-9 in SM-induced injury...
- Expression of FACIT collagens XII and XIV during bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in miceEleni G Tzortzaki
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 275:1073-80. 2003..These data support the hypothesis that fibrosis is a multistep process that involves both collagen accumulation and changes in the molecules that modulate the biomechanical properties of fibrils...
- Exaggerated hepatotoxicity of acetaminophen in mice lacking tumor necrosis factor receptor-1. Potential role of inflammatory mediatorsCarol R Gardner
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Rutgers University and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8020, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 192:119-30. 2003..In contrast, increases in IL-10 were more rapid and more pronounced. These data demonstrate that signaling through TNFR1 is important in inflammatory mediator production and toxicity induced by acetaminophen...
- Regulation of TREM expression in hepatic macrophages and endothelial cells during acute endotoxemiaLi C Chen
Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 84:145-55. 2008..These results suggest that TREM proteins are important in the inflammatory response of hepatic macrophages and endothelial cells to acute endotoxemia...
- Extracellular matrix changes in the umbilical arteries of growth-restricted fetusesWendy L Kinzler
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, UMDNJ RWJ Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1053-9. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine whether the expression of extracellular matrix components (ECM) is altered in the umbilical arteries from preterm fetal growth-restricted (FGR) pregnancies...
- Active remodeling in idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: evaluation of collagen types XII and XIVEleni G Tzortzaki
Department of Thoracic Medicine, University General Hospital Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
J Histochem Cytochem 54:693-700. 2006..This may suggest a possible distinct role for both collagens in the modulation of the extracellular matrix during the onset of fibrotic process...