Affiliation: Rutgers University
- States' commitment to Medicaid before the Affordable Care Act: trends and implicationsJoel C Cantor
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, 112 Paterson St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 1293, USA
Inquiry 50:71-84. 2013..But the growth in Medicaid over this period did not appreciably curtail vast geographic disparities in program benefits that threaten to undermine the goals of health reform...
- Early impact of the Affordable Care Act on health insurance coverage of young adultsJoel C Cantor
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, 112 Paterson Street, 5th Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08840, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1773-90. 2012..Multivariate models control for individual characteristics, economic trends, and prior state-dependent coverage laws...
- Reducing racial disparities in coronary angiographyJoel C Cantor
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:1521-31. 2009..We hypothesize that added hospital competition contributed to the reduction in disparities...
- Implications of the growing use of wireless telephones for health care opinion pollsJoel C Cantor
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Health Serv Res 44:1762-72. 2009..To assess the effect of wireless telephone substitution in a survey of health care reform opinions...
- The changing profile of the urban uninsured: exploring implications of rise in the number of moderate-income uninsuredsSanjay K Pandey
Dept of Public Policy and Administration, Rutgers University, 401 Cooper Street, Camden, NJ 08102 1521, USA
J Urban Health 81:135-49. 2004..We discuss the implications of this comparison for expanding health care access and design of safety net programs and institutions...
- Parental eligibility and enrollment in state children's health insurance program: the roles of parental health, employment, and family structureJane E Miller
Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, and the Edward J Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Am J Public Health 101:274-7. 2011..61). Enrollment was higher among single parents (OR = 2.24; 95% CI = 1.17, 4.31). Roughly one third of eligible parents did not enroll, suggesting the need to increase awareness of parental eligibility and reduce barriers to enrollment...
- The adequacy of household survey data for evaluating the nongroup health insurance marketJoel C Cantor
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, 55 Commercial Avenue, 3rd Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1739-57. 2007..To evaluate the accuracy of household survey estimates of the size and composition of the nonelderly population covered by nongroup health insurance...
- Context or composition: what explains variation in SCHIP disenrollment?Julie A Phillips
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Health Serv Res 39:865-85. 2004....
- Holes in the safety net: a case study of access to prescription drugs and specialty careAva Stanley
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Urban Health 85:555-71. 2008..Few local areas can claim the depth of safety net resources as New Brunswick, NJ, raising serious concerns about the adequacy of the American safety net model, especially for people with complex and chronic health care needs...
- AAA repair: sociodemographic disparities in management and outcomesTodd R Vogel
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Surgical Outcomes Research Group, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:555-60. 2008..To evaluate sociodemographic influences on utilization and outcomes of endovascular abdominal aortic repair (EVAR) for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)...
- Is there differential retention of children with special health care needs in the State Children's Health Insurance Program?Tamarie Macon
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Pediatrics 120:e1217-24. 2007..The purpose of this work was to determine whether children with special health care needs in New Jersey's State Children's Health Insurance Program are less likely to become uninsured than children without special health care needs...
- Racial disparity and technology diffusion: the case of cardioverter defibrillator implants, 1996-2001Ava Stanley
Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers University, 55 Commercial Ave, Third Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 99:201-7. 2007..No studies have examined this disparity among nonelderly adults or over time as ICD therapy became widely diffused...
- Next-of-kin perceptions of physician responsiveness to symptoms of hospitalized patients near deathJoel C Cantor
Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 317 George Street, Suite 400, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Palliat Med 6:531-41. 2003..Further research is warranted to establish causality and identify optimal models of care...
- Disparity of physicians' utilization of tobacco treatment servicesMichael B Steinberg
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Public Health UMDNJ SPH, Tobacco Dependence Program, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Am J Health Behav 30:375-86. 2006..To evaluate the familiarity with and utilization of tobacco treatment resources among physicians...
- Medical expenditures during the last year of life: findings from the 1992-1996 Medicare current beneficiary surveyDonald R Hoover
Department of Statistics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8019, USA
Health Serv Res 37:1625-42. 2002..To compare medical expenditures for the elderly (65 years old) over the last year of life with those for nonterminal years...
- Regulatory Reforn and Angiography DispartiesJOEL CANTOR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Research findings will be translated to the practice and policy community in the form of "best practices" and through feedback of hospital-specific CA disparity performance measures. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Prehospital and Hospital Emergency CareJoel C Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2010..A study of therapeutic hypothermia care for initial survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest will demonstrate the value of this data infrastructure. ..