Affiliation: Rutgers University
- Navigating the disability process: persons with mental disorders applying for and receiving disability benefitsScott Bilder
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 30 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Milbank Q 81:75-106, table of contents. 2003..Navigating the disability process is associated with the extent of impairment, economic and social disadvantage, and linkage to the disability determination process...
- Bipolar medication use and adherence to antiretroviral therapy among patients with HIV-AIDS and bipolar disorderJames T Walkup
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 30 College Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:313-6. 2011..The study examined relationships between adherence to bipolar medication and to antiretroviral therapy, measured by medication fills, among patients with diagnoses of bipolar disorder and HIV infection...
- Psychiatric diagnosis and antiretroviral adherence among adolescent Medicaid beneficiaries diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndromeJames Walkup
Department of Clinical Psychology, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:354-61. 2009..Associations between race and adherence varied by gender: compared with their white counterparts, minority girls had lower, and minority boys had higher adherence...
- Substance abuse and hospitalization for mood disorder among Medicaid beneficiariesJonathan D Prince
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, School of Social Work, Rutgers University, 536 George St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Am J Public Health 99:160-7. 2009..g., anxiety, HIV) among people with mood disorder (N=129,524) to explore risk factors for psychiatric hospitalization and early readmission within 3 months of discharge...
- Studying prescription drug use and outcomes with medicaid claims data: strengths, limitations, and strategiesStephen Crystal
Center for Health Services Research on Pharmacotherapy, Chronic Disease Management and Outcomes, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Med Care 45:S58-65. 2007....
- Best Practices: MEDNET: a multistate policy maker-researcher collaboration to improve prescribing practicesMolly Finnerty
Dr Finnerty is with the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University Langone Medical Center, and with the Bureau of Evidence Based Services and Implementation Science, New York State Office of Mental Health, New York City e mail Ms Neese Todd, Dr Bilder, and Dr Crystal are with the Center for Health Services Research on Pharmacotherapy, Chronic Disease Management, and Outcomes, Institute for Health, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey Dr Olfson is with the Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, and with New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York City Marcela Horvitz Lennon, M D, M P H, is editor of this column
Psychiatr Serv 65:1297-9. 2014..This column describes the development, infrastructure, challenges, and early evidence of success of this public-academic partnership, the first multistate Medicaid quality improvement collaborative to focus on psychotropic medications. ..
- The relationship between organizational factors and resident satisfaction with nursing home care and lifeJudith A Lucas
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 19:125-51. 2007..The presence of a special care unit was associated with lower levels of satisfaction...
- US patterns of mental health service utilization for transition-age youth and young adultsKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 536 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:373-89. 2008....
- Treatment of people with mental illness: a decade-long perspectiveDavid Mechanic
Rutgers University, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:84-95. 2004..Further, once people enter specialty care, the number of visits appears unrelated to need. The data highlight the urgent need for a greater focus on the quality of care and patient outcomes...
- Prevalence and treatment of diagnosed depression among elderly nursing home residents in OhioCarrie A Levin
Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making, Boston, MA 02108, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:585-94. 2007..To examine the prevalence and treatment of diagnosed depression among elderly nursing home residents and determine the resident and facility characteristics associated with diagnosis and treatment...