Affiliation: Rutgers University
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)-2010 annual meeting. 26 February-2 March 2010, New Orleans, LA, USALeonard Bielory
Rutgers University, Center for Environmental Prediction, 14 College Farm Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 8551, USA
IDrugs 13:304-7. 2010..Investigational drugs discussed include Oralair Mites (Stallergenes SA/Paladin Labs Inc), PF-03654746 (Pfizer Inc) and AMG-853 (Amgen Inc)...
- Allergic conjunctivitis: the evolution of therapeutic optionsLeonard Bielory
Rutgers University, Center for Environmental Prediction, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Springfield, New Jersey, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:129-39. 2012....
- Ocular allergyLeonard Bielory
Center for Environmental Prediction, Rutgers University, Springfield, NJ, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 78:740-58. 2011....
- Impact of mometasone furoate nasal spray on individual ocular symptoms of allergic rhinitis: a meta-analysisL Bielory
Center for Environmental Prediction and STAR Allergy and Asthma Center, Rutgers University, Springfield, NJ, USA
Allergy 66:686-93. 2011..Increasing interest has focused on whether INSs, including MFNS, may have beneficial effects on the ocular symptoms frequently associated with AR...
- Allergic conjunctivitis and the impact of allergic rhinitisLeonard Bielory
STARx Allergy and Center and Clinical Research Center, Rutgers University, 400 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, NJ, 07081, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 10:122-34. 2010..Proposed pathophysiologic interactions between allergic rhinitis and ocular allergy underscore the need for therapies with efficacy in both symptom sets...
- Intranasal corticosteroids: do they improve ocular allergy?Catherine Origlieri
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Springfield, NJ 07081, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 9:304-10. 2009..INS are thought to exert their influence on the eye through the naso-ocular reflex, and to date their impact on ocular symptoms appears to be a class effect...
- An algorithm for the management of allergic conjunctivitisLeonard Bielory
Department of Medicine, Rutgers University, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 34:408-20. 2013....
- Concepts in developing health-based indicators for ozoneClifford P Weisel
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, 170 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 75:415-22. 2002..g., changes in the prevalence of adverse health outcomes attributed to the pollutant. This manuscript presents the concepts of using asthma emergency room (ER) visits and hospital admission as potential health-based indicators for ozone...
- Pharmacoeconomics of anterior ocular inflammatory diseaseLeonard Bielory
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 07081, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 13:537-42. 2013..S. population, which includes ocular allergies, various forms of infectious conjunctivitis, and dry eye diseases (tear film dysfunction). This review evaluates the recent economic costs of AOID treatment...
- Emerging therapies in allergic conjunctivitis and dry eye syndromeMichael Nye
Rutgers University, School of Pharmacy, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 14:1449-65. 2013..A number of novel treatments are currently being studied that capitalize on the growing understanding of underlying immunopathophysiology...
- Climate change and allergic diseaseLeonard Bielory
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 12:485-94. 2012....
- Late-phase reaction in ocular allergySoo Hyun Choi
UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 8:438-44. 2008..To determine if the late-phase reaction, which commonly occurs in allergic rhinitis and asthma, is also found in ocular allergy...
- Treating the ocular component of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis and related eye disordersLeonard Bielory
UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
MedGenMed 9:35. 2007..However, this condition has not always been recognized, and earlier literature reported allergic conjunctivitis only within a subset of nasal allergy patients...
- Atopic keratoconjunctivitisHeustein Sy
Department of Medicine, Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center, Summit, NJ, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 34:33-41. 2013....
- Topical immunopharmacology of ocular allergiesLeonard Bielory
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ, Asthma and Allergy Research Center, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2:435-45. 2002..To review the histamine-1 receptor antagonists, mast cell blockers and natural agents with such actions that can be used for the topical treatment of ocular allergies...
- Emerging drugs for conjunctivitisCatherine Origlieri
STARx Allergy and Asthma Center, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 400 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, New Jersey, NJ 07081, USA
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 14:523-36. 2009..Treatment requires frequent dosing and often lacks complete efficacy...
- Complementary and alternative medicine: herbs, phytochemicals and vitamins and their immunologic effectsTimothy Mainardi
University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:283-94; quiz 295-6. 2009..This article reviews the history of CAM and its use among patients, paying special attention to new research focusing on herbals, phytochemicals, and vitamins and their potential interaction with the immune system...
- Current options and emerging therapies for anterior ocular inflammatory diseaseBasharut A Syed
aIMS Health Limited, London, UK bRobert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 14:485-9. 2014..5 million individuals aged at least 40 either blind or having impaired vision. This article reviews the current leading agents and pipeline therapies for the treatment of anterior ocular inflammatory disease (AOID)...
- Ophthalmic antihistamines and H1-H4 receptorsLaurie Wade
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 12:510-6. 2012..Studies on binding affinities of antihistamines to histamine receptors were reviewed and the dissociation constant for inhibitor binding (Ki) analyzed to determine the most and least potent antihistamine for each receptor...
- Antioxidant vitamins, minerals and cataract: current opinionOnyinye C Ugboaja
Department of Medicine, Overlook Medical Centre Atlantic Health Systems, Summit, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 12:517-22. 2012..The purpose of this review is to assess the most recent findings and literature on the effect of minerals and antioxidant vitamins in the prevention of development and progression of cataract...
- Ocular allergy overviewLeonard Bielory
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, 90 Bergen Street, DOC Suite 4700, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 28:1-23, v. 2008..There are common features and some discerning features that, with a good history and examination, may provide a more focused and appropriate management...
- Ocular allergy guidelines: a practical treatment algorithmLeonard Bielory
UMDNJ, Asthma and Allergy Research Center, Immuno Ophthalmology Service, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Drugs 62:1611-34. 2002..Our advances in the basic understanding of these conditions are providing the foundation for guidelines that improve the ocular health of patients with ocular allergies...
- Allergic eye disordersLeonard Bielory
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 16:311-23. 2002