R M Urban
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Dissemination of wear particles to the liver, spleen, and abdominal lymph nodes of patients with hip or knee replacementR M Urban
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Rush Arthritis and Orthopedic Institute, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 82:457-76. 2000....
- What do we know about taper corrosion in total hip arthroplasty?J J Jacobs
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
J Arthroplasty 29:668-9. 2014..Abnormal metal artifact reduction sequence magnetic resonance images and elevated serum metal levels (cobalt elevations out of proportion to chromium elevations) can be helpful in the diagnosis of these MACC-associated ALTRs. ..
- Functional adaptation and ingrowth of bone vary as a function of hip implant stiffnessD R Sumner
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush Institute of Arthritis and Orthopedics, Chicago, IL, USA
J Biomech 31:909-17. 1998..These different patterns of functional adaptation are consistent with the idea that reduced stem stiffness enhances proximal load transfer...
- Postmortem retrieval of total joint replacement componentsJ J Jacobs
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biomed Mater Res 48:385-91. 1999..A procedure was developed for recruitment of implant patients and their families and for safe and effective device and tissue retrieval after death. More than 50 retrievals were performed to support various research efforts...
- Aging does not lessen the effectiveness of TGFbeta2-enhanced bone regenerationD R Sumner
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:730-6. 2003....
- Locally delivered rhBMP-2 enhances bone ingrowth and gap healing in a canine modelD R Sumner
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Rush Medical College, 600 South Paulina Street, Suite 507, Chicago, IL 60612 3832, USA
J Orthop Res 22:58-65. 2004..9-fold increase, p<0.001). Thus, application of rhBMP-2 to a porous-coated implant stimulated local bone ingrowth and gap healing. The enhancement of bone formation within the implant (bone ingrowth) was inversely related to dose...
- Additive enhancement of implant fixation following combined treatment with rhTGF-beta2 and rhBMP-2 in a canine modelD R Sumner
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Rush Arthritis and Orthopedics Institute, Rush Medical College, Rush University Medical Center, 600 S Paulina, Room 507, Chicago IL 60612, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:806-17. 2006....
- Focal osteolysis at the junctions of a modular stainless-steel femoral intramedullary nailD M Jones
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 83:537-48. 2001..Serum chromium levels were substantially elevated in the patients with a modular femoral nail, and such levels may serve as a marker of fretting corrosion of these devices...
- A longitudinal study on an autoimmune murine model of ankylosing spondylitisT Bardos
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Cohn Research Building, Room 708, 1735 W Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 64:981-7. 2005..Proteoglycan aggrecan (PG)-induced arthritis (PGIA) is the only systemic autoimmune murine model which affects the axial skeleton, but no studies have been performed characterising the progression of spine involvement...