C C Tangney
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Self-reported dietary habits, overall dietary quality and symptomatology of breast cancer survivors: a cross-sectional examinationC C Tangney
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 71:113-23. 2002..Diet quality may be an important factor influencing the manifestation of depressive symptoms in breast cancer survivors or conversely, poorer diet quality may be an outcome of depression...
- Associations of vegetable and fruit consumption with age-related cognitive changeM C Morris
Rush Institute for Healthy Aging, 1645 W Jackson, Ste 675, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neurology 67:1370-6. 2006..To examine the association between rates of cognitive change and dietary consumption of fruits and vegetables among older persons...
- Vitamin B12, cognition, and brain MRI measures: a cross-sectional examinationC C Tangney
Department of Clinical Nutrition 425 TOB, Rush University Medical Center, 1700 West Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neurology 77:1276-82. 2011..To investigate the interrelations of serum vitamin B12 markers with brain volumes, cerebral infarcts, and performance in different cognitive domains in a biracial population sample cross-sectionally...
- Mediterranean diet and depressive symptoms among older adults over timeK A Skarupski
Rush University Medical Center, 1653 West Congress Pkwy, Kidston Building, Suite 606 Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 17:441-5. 2013..To examine whether adherence to a Mediterranean-based dietary pattern is predictive of depressive symptoms among older adults...
- Comparative study of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors on fibrinogenR S Rosenson
Preventive Cardiology Center, Lipoprotein and Hemorheology Research Facility, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Atherosclerosis 155:463-6. 2001....
- Dietary niacin and the risk of incident Alzheimer's disease and of cognitive declineM C Morris
Rush Institute for Healthy Aging, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1093-9. 2004..We examined whether dietary intake of niacin was associated with incident Alzheimer's disease (AD) and cognitive decline in a large, prospective study...
- Hormone replacement therapy improves cardiovascular risk by lowering plasma viscosity in postmenopausal womenR S Rosenson
Preventive Cardiology Center, Lipoprotein and Hemorheology Research Facility, Chicago, Ill, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:1902-5. 1998..01). These data demonstrate that estrogen replacement therapy lowers plasma viscosity. This study suggests an additional mechanism for the cardiovascular protection conferred to postmenopausal women on estrogen replacement therapy...
- Effects of tourniquet application on plasma viscosity measurementsR S Rosenson
Preventive Cardiology Center, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 18:191-4. 1998..Plasma viscosity values were not influenced by the magnitude of tourniquet pressure. The accuracy of plasma viscosity measurements can be improved by sample acquisition within 1 min following tourniquet application...
- Oral 17beta-estradiol and medroxyprogesterone acetate therapy in postmenopausal women increases HDL particle sizeC C Tangney
Lipoprotein and Hemorheology Research Facility, Preventive Cardiology Center, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Atherosclerosis 155:425-30. 2001..02), whereas women assigned to ERT or placebo experienced non-significant changes. In summary, combined HRT increases HDL particle size by altering concentrations of the smallest and largest HDL subspecies...
- Dietary fat intake and 6-year cognitive change in an older biracial community populationM C Morris
Rush Institute for Healthy Aging, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neurology 62:1573-9. 2004..To examine whether consumption of different types of fat is associated with age-related change in cognition...
- Postprandial changes in plasma and serum viscosity and plasma lipids and lipoproteins after an acute test mealC C Tangney
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Rush Heart Institute, Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 65:36-40. 1997..In this cohort of normotriacylglycerolemic subjects, there were no significant postprandial changes in plasma viscosity or serum viscosity...