Ece A Mutlu
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- New developments in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseaseEce A Mutlu
Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Professional Building, 1725 W Harrison, Suite 206, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:365-85. 2002....
- Hyperalbuminemia and elevated transaminases associated with high-protein dietEce A Mutlu
Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Rush University Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:759-60. 2006..While the pathogenesis and importance of these abnormalities need further study, the findings raise concerns regarding the safety of high protein diets combined with high intensity exercise...
- Particulate matter air pollution causes oxidant-mediated increase in gut permeability in miceEce A Mutlu
Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition Rush University Medical College, 1725 W Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Part Fibre Toxicol 8:19. 2011..PM can gain access to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract via swallowing of air or secretions from the upper airways or mucociliary clearance of inhaled particles...
- Use of herbal preparations in the treatment of oxidant-mediated inflammatory disordersMitchell Kaplan
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 1725 West Harrison Street, Suite 206, Chicago, IL 60612 3824, United States
Complement Ther Med 15:207-16. 2007....
- Intestinal permeation and gastrointestinal diseaseMark T Demeo
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:385-96. 2002....
- A compositional look at the human gastrointestinal microbiome and immune activation parameters in HIV infected subjectsEce A Mutlu
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 10:e1003829. 2014..This is the first report characterizing the terminal ileal and colonic mucosal microbiome in HIV patients with next generation sequencing. Limitations include use of HIV-infected subjects on HAART therapy. ..
- Colonic microbiome is altered in alcoholismEce A Mutlu
Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Section of Gastroenterology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G966-78. 2012..We show that the colonic mucosa-associated bacterial microbiome is altered in a subset of alcoholics. The altered microbiota composition is persistent and correlates with endotoxemia in a subgroup of alcoholics...
- Endoscopy in eosinophilic esophagitis: "feline" esophagus and perforation riskMitchell Kaplan
Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612 3824, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:433-7. 2003..Idiopathic eosinophilic esophagitis is an underdiagnosed disease with typical endoscopic findings, which have not been well described...
- Pulmonary adverse events of anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha antibody therapyGokhan M Mutlu
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60611, USA
Am J Med 119:639-46. 2006....
- Dietary Treatment of Crohn's DiseaseEce Mutlu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Significance. This study could provide information to suggest diet as a safe therapy for IBD and lay the groundwork for more definitive, randomized, controlled trials. ..
- Dysbiosis in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseEce Mutlu; Fiscal Year: 2008..ALH may enable a real-time survey of microfloral changes for the first time in medicine and may provide the first evidence linking IBD with specific microbial patterns. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..