Robert A McNutt
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Shared medical decision making: problems, process, progressRobert A McNutt
Department of Medicine, Rush University School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill, USA
JAMA 292:2516-8. 2004
- Physicians' preference values for hepatitis C health states and antiviral therapy: a surveyR Patil
Section of Hepatology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, 1725 W Harrison St, Suite 306, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 1:6. 2001..Physicians' perspectives regarding hepatitis C shape their approach to patient management. We used utility analysis to evaluate physicians' perceptions of hepatitis C-related health states (HS) and their threshold to recommend treatment...
- Why blame systems for unsafe care?Robert McNutt
Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60621, USA
Lancet 363:913-4. 2004
- Patient safety efforts should focus on medical errorsRobert A McNutt
Department of Medicine, Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
JAMA 287:1997-2001. 2002
- Determining medical error. Three case reportsRobert McNutt
Department of Medicine, Rush Presbyterian St Luke's Medical Center, Rush Medical School, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Eff Clin Pract 5:23-8. 2002
- Change in MS-DRG assignment and hospital reimbursement as a result of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid changes in payment for hospital-acquired conditions: is it coding or quality?Robert McNutt
Section of Medical Informatics and Patient Safety Research, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 19:17-24. 2010....
- A model of medical error based on a model of disease: interactions between adverse events, failures, and their errorsRobert A McNutt
Rush Medical College, Department of Medicine's Patient Safety Committee, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 10:23-8. 2002..It identified three levels or layers that can represent a train of events culminating in an undesired outcome: error, treatment failure, and adverse event. This discussion is offered in the interest of clarifying some of the issues...
- Decompensated heart failure: symptoms, patterns of onset, and contributing factorsGordon D Schiff
Department of Medicine, Cook County Hospital, 1900 W Polk, Room 901 AX, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Med 114:625-30. 2003..To examine the time course, contributing factors, and patient responses to decompensated heart failure...
- Missed hypothyroidism diagnosis uncovered by linking laboratory and pharmacy dataGordon D Schiff
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Polk Street, Rm 901, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:574-7. 2005....
- The theory of constraints and medical error: a conversation with Robert A. McNuttRobert A McNutt
Qual Manag Health Care 13:183-7. 2004
- QMHC interview. Continuing the journey to patient safety. Interview by Mary C. OdwaznyRobert A McNutt
Qual Manag Health Care 13:88-92. 2004
- Differences in triage thresholds for patients presenting with possible acute coronary syndromes: more than meets the eyeCatherine E Milch
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Center for Cardiovascular Health Services Research, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Investig Med 54:76-85. 2006..Many studies have shown differences in cardiac care by racial/ethnic groups without accounting for institutional factors at the location of care...