Molly A Martin
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- The state of pediatric asthma in Chicago's Humboldt Park: a community-based study in two local elementary schoolsRuchi S Gupta
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine 750 N Lake Shore Dr, 10th Fl, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
BMC Pediatr 10:45. 2010....
- Improving asthma research in an inner-city Latino neighborhood with community health workersMolly Martin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Asthma 42:891-5. 2005..This academic-community partnership showed that community health workers can be effective research partners...
- Recruitment of Mexican American adults for an intensive diabetes intervention trialMolly A Martin
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Preventive Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ethn Dis 21:7-12. 2011..Effective behavioral diabetes interventions for Mexican Americans are needed. Our study focused on efforts to recruit Mexican American adults for a trial testing a diabetes community health worker (CHW) self-management intervention...
- A qualitative exploration of asthma self-management beliefs and practices in Puerto Rican familiesMolly Martin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Section of Social and Community Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:464-74. 2010..Fear of asthma, need for more general education and smoking cessation resources, and community supports for asthma were discussed. These findings have important implications for future interventions...
- Improving asthma self-efficacy: developing and testing a pilot community-based asthma intervention for African American adultsMolly A Martin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:153-159.e3. 2009..Interventions that improve asthma self-efficacy for appropriate self-management behaviors might ultimately improve asthma control in this population...
- The effects of acculturation on asthma burden in a community sample of Mexican American schoolchildrenMolly A Martin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1290-6. 2007..We sought to determine whether low acculturation among Mexican American caregivers protects their children against asthma...
- Reducing home triggers for asthma: the Latino community health worker approachMolly A Martin
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Asthma 43:369-74. 2006..32 reduction in home trigger score (p < 0.01) for children and a 0.41 reduction (p < 0.01) for adults. This intervention shows promise as a way to reduce asthma triggers in urban low-income Latino communities...
- Child passenger safety for inner-city Latinos: new approaches from the communityM Martin
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Inj Prev 12:99-104. 2006..This study evaluated the ability of a community health worker education program to improve proper child safety seat usage in urban low income Latino families...
- The Mexican-American Trial of Community Health workers (MATCH): design and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial testing a culturally tailored community diabetes self-management interventionSteven K Rothschild
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, 1700 W Van Buren, Suite 470, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:369-77. 2012..This paper describes methods used to overcome limitations of prior studies...
- Evaluation of an asthma medication training program for immigrant Mexican community health workersMolly A Martin
Rush University Medical Center, IL, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 5:95-103. 2011..Although CHW asthma interventions have been shown to improve some outcomes, their ability to change medication adherence remains unclear...
- Recruitment, asthma characteristics, and medication behaviors in Midwestern Puerto Rican youth: data from Project CURAMolly A Martin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 109:121-7. 2012..Puerto Rican children have the highest prevalence of asthma, but detailed descriptions of this population have been limited to the island of Puerto Rico and the northeastern United States...
- Family structure and income inequality in families with children, 1976 to 2000Molly A Martin
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Sociology, 414 Oswald Tower, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Demography 43:421-45. 2006..Furthermore, by including cohabitation, I find lower levels of total inequality and a weaker role for demographic shifts in family structure for trends in income inequality...