A M Manadan
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- The frequency of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus undergoing kidney biopsyAugustine M Manadan
Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Rheumatol 30:1227-30. 2003..To characterize the frequency of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) undergoing kidney biopsy...
- Rheumatoid arthritis: beyond tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonists, B cell depletion, and T cell blockadeAugustine M Manadan
Section of Rheumatology, John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Ther 15:53-8. 2008..We review the data supporting the use of these agents, rituximab and abatacept...
- Etanercept therapy in patients with a positive tuberculin skin testA M Manadan
John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County Hospital, Chicago, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 25:743-5. 2007..In this study, we attempted to evaluate the frequency of latent TB reactivation among patients treated with etanercept...
- New therapeutic approaches for spondyloarthritisAugustine M Manadan
Hospital of Cook County and Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:259-64. 2007..We critically review recent radiographic data suggesting that tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibition may have structure-modifying effects in ankylosing spondylitis, and may thereby alter the disease course...
- The treatment of psoriatic arthritisAugustine M Manadan
Rush University Medical Center and John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Ther 13:72-9. 2006..The tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) antagonists represent the most recent major advance in the clinical management of PsA...
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in the setting of systemic sclerosisAugustine M Manadan
Section of Rheumatology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:683-8. 2005..To describe the association between thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and systemic sclerosis (SSc) and the methods to distinguish TTP from scleroderma renal crisis (SRC)...
- Daily needle aspiration versus surgical lavage for the treatment of bacterial septic arthritis in adultsAugustine M Manadan
Section of Rheumatology, Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Ther 11:412-5. 2004....
- Safety of etanercept in patients at high risk for mycobacterial tuberculosis infectionsRohit Aggarwal
Department of Rheumatology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Rheumatol 36:914-7. 2009..We evaluated the risk of developing active TB among PPD-positive patients treated with etanercept...
- Pseudo-septic hip arthritis as the presenting symptom of ankylosing spondylitis: a case series and review of the literatureTanisha Mathur
Rush University Medical Center and John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chigago, IL, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:416-8. 2010..In this study, we evaluated the frequency of severe hip arthritis mimicking septic arthritis as initial presenting symptom of AS...
- Tuberculosis following the use of etanercept, a tumor necrosis factor inhibitorAparna K Mohan
Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:295-9. 2004..It is unclear whether etanercept therapy increases the risk of TB beyond the elevated TB rates already documented for patients with RA...