Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- OPTIM trial: a Phase III trial of an oncolytic herpes virus encoding GM-CSF for unresectable stage III or IV melanomaHoward L Kaufman
The Tumor Immunology Laboratory and Department of General Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Future Oncol 6:941-9. 2010..The rationale, study design, end points and future development of the Oncovex(GM-CSF) Pivotal Trial in Melanoma (OPTIM) trial are discussed in this article...
- First-in-man application of a novel therapeutic cancer vaccine formulation with the capacity to induce multi-functional T cell responses in ovarian, breast and prostate cancer patientsNeil L Berinstein
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Transl Med 10:156. 2012..Naturally processed HLA-A2 restricted peptides presented by breast, ovarian and prostate cancer cells were used as antigens to create a therapeutic cancer vaccine, DPX-0907...
- Defining the critical hurdles in cancer immunotherapyBernard A Fox
Earle A, Chiles Research Institute, Robert W, Franz Research Center, Providence Cancer Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Transl Med 9:214. 2011..Each of these hurdles can significantly delay clinical translation of promising advances in immunotherapy yet if overcome, have the potential to improve outcomes of patients with cancer...
- Major histocompatibility complex class I-related chain A/B (MICA/B) expression in tumor tissue and serum of pancreatic cancer: role of uric acid accumulation in gemcitabine-induced MICA/B expressionXiulong Xu
Department of General Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
BMC Cancer 11:194. 2011..In this study, we sought to study MICA/B expression in pancreatic cancer and to determine whether and how genotoxic drugs such as gemcitabine can affect MICA/B expression and natural killer cytotoxity...
- Local and distant immunity induced by intralesional vaccination with an oncolytic herpes virus encoding GM-CSF in patients with stage IIIc and IV melanomaHoward L Kaufman
Department of Surgery, Medicine and Immunology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:718-30. 2010..The work reported herein was performed to better characterize the effect of vaccination on local and distant antitumor immunity...
- ALVAC-CEA-B7 VACCINE TREATMENT OF ADVANCED CEA EXPRESSING ADENOCARCINOMASHoward Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Patients without progression may be re-vaccinated. ..
- ENHANCING TUMOR VACCINES WITH CO-STIMULATORY MOLECULESHoward Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This may have important implications for the future design of tumor vaccines in melanoma and other settings. ..