Jason M Kane
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Using administrative data for mortality risk adjustment in pediatric congenital cardiac surgeryJason M Kane
Department of Pediatrics, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:491-8. 2013..To evaluate the performance of risk-adjustment models from the University HealthSystem Consortium and the Agency for Healthcare Research Quality on an administrative dataset for children undergoing congenital cardiac surgery...
- Establishing quality review of cardiac and respiratory arrest in a pediatric intensive care unitJason M Kane
Rush Children s Hospital, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:509-17. 2012..The development of an interdisciplinary code review process focusing on the procedure of resuscitation can identify critical issues that may impede successful resuscitation...
- Standardized multidisciplinary protocol improves handover of cardiac surgery patients to the intensive care unitBrian F Joy
Division of Pediatric Critical Care, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:304-8. 2011..To determine whether the implementation of a standardized handover protocol could reduce the number of errors occurring during patient transitions from the operating room to the intensive care unit...
- Nurses' perceptions of subspecialization in pediatric cardiac intensive care unit: quality and patient safety implicationsJason M Kane
Children s Memorial Hospital and Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 2300 Children s Plaza, Box 73, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 24:354-61. 2009..More than 25% of nurses reported a patient assignment in which they identified suboptimal skills to provide safe patient care. Years of clinical experience did not reduce concerns for quality of care or safe practice...
- Association between postoperative Fever and atelectasis in pediatric patientsJason M Kane
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 2:359-63. 2011..In children undergoing cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass, fever in the postoperative period should not be attributed to atelectasis. ..