Jason M Kane
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Using administrative data for mortality risk adjustment in pediatric congenital cardiac surgeryJason M Kane
Department of Pediatrics, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:491-8. 2013..To evaluate the performance of risk-adjustment models from the University HealthSystem Consortium and the Agency for Healthcare Research Quality on an administrative dataset for children undergoing congenital cardiac surgery...
- Establishing quality review of cardiac and respiratory arrest in a pediatric intensive care unitJason M Kane
Rush Children s Hospital, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:509-17. 2012..The development of an interdisciplinary code review process focusing on the procedure of resuscitation can identify critical issues that may impede successful resuscitation...
- Standardized multidisciplinary protocol improves handover of cardiac surgery patients to the intensive care unitBrian F Joy
Division of Pediatric Critical Care, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:304-8. 2011..To determine whether the implementation of a standardized handover protocol could reduce the number of errors occurring during patient transitions from the operating room to the intensive care unit...
- Association of the position of a hospital-acquired condition diagnosis code with changes in medicare severity diagnosis-related group assignmentTricia Johnson
Department of Health Systems Management, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
J Hosp Med 9:707-13. 2014..This policy is controversial, as variable coding practices at hospitals may lead to differences in the inclusion and position of HACs in the list of codes used for Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group (MS-DRG) assignment...
- Nurses' perceptions of subspecialization in pediatric cardiac intensive care unit: quality and patient safety implicationsJason M Kane
Children s Memorial Hospital and Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 2300 Children s Plaza, Box 73, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 24:354-61. 2009..More than 25% of nurses reported a patient assignment in which they identified suboptimal skills to provide safe patient care. Years of clinical experience did not reduce concerns for quality of care or safe practice...
- Association between postoperative Fever and atelectasis in pediatric patientsJason M Kane
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 2:359-63. 2011..In children undergoing cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass, fever in the postoperative period should not be attributed to atelectasis. ..