Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Spanish LupusPRO: cross-cultural validation study for lupusM Jolly
Dept of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Lupus 22:431-6. 2013..To expand the availability and use of the tool, we undertook a cross-cultural adaptation and validation study of the Spanish-translated version of the LupusPRO...
- Validation of the Cutaneous Lupus Disease Area and Severity Index (CLASI) using physician- and patient-assessed health outcome measuresMeenakshi Jolly
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:618-23. 2013..Active skin disease and skin damage may have substantial effects on patient-reported outcomes and on body image...
- Disease-specific patient reported outcome tools for systemic lupus erythematosusMeenakshi Jolly
Rush University, Chicago, IL, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 42:56-65. 2012..Herein, we present the development and validation of the Lupus Patient-Reported Outcome tool (LupusPRO) and discuss its clinical utility and research value compared with other PRO tools currently available for SLE...
- Body image in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMeenakshi Jolly
Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Behav Med 19:157-64. 2012..Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), a multisystemic disease of young women may be disfiguring and affect physical and emotional health. Body image literature in SLE is scant and controversial...
- A brief assessment tool for body image in systemic lupus erythematosusMeenakshi Jolly
Dept of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Body Image 9:279-84. 2012..It differentiated participants by health status and disease activity. Test-retest reliability estimates exceeded .90. These results support the psychometric properties of BILS...
- LupusQoL-US benchmarks for US patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMeenakshi Jolly
Department of Medicine and Behavioral Medicine, Rush University, 1611 W Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Rheumatol 37:1828-33. 2010..The LupusQoL-US instrument was recently validated in the US. We studied the benchmarks for a US patient cohort with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and relevant demographic and disease correlates...
- Pitfalls and opportunities in measuring patient outcomes in lupusMeenakshi Jolly
Department of Medicine, Rush Lupus Clinic, Rush University Medical Center, 1725 West Harrison Street, Suite 1017, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 12:229-36. 2010..Thus, it is pivotal to identify and validate appropriate global, disease-specific, and perhaps organ-specific health outcomes for clinical research. This article reviews recent physician- and patient-generated health outcomes in SLE...
- Lupus-specific health outcome measure for US patients: the LupusQoL-US versionM Jolly
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:29-33. 2010..Patient-reported outcomes are valuable for the management of chronic diseases like systematic lupus erythematosus (SLE), but no measures have been validated for use in US-based patients with SLE...
- Influence of an interactive joint model injection workshop on physicians' musculoskeletal procedural skillsMeenakshi Jolly
Department of Medicine, Christ Medical Center, Oaklawn, Illinois, USA
J Rheumatol 34:1576-9. 2007..To assess the effect of an intervention workshop designed to improve intraarticular (IA) and periarticular (PA) injection skills among primary care physicians...
- The autoimmune disease risk allele of UBE2L3 in African American patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a recessive effect upon subphenotypesSandra Agik
University of Chicago, Section of Rheumatology, Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, 924 East 57th Street, R420, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Rheumatol 39:73-8. 2012..We studied the UBE2L3 risk allele for association with SLE, interferon-α (IFN-α), and autoantibodies in a predominantly African American SLE cohort...
- Osteopontin alleles are associated with clinical characteristics in systemic lupus erythematosusTarak Trivedi
Section of Rheumatology and Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC0930, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biomed Biotechnol 2011:802581. 2011....
- Gene-expression-guided selection of candidate loci and molecular phenotype analyses enhance genetic discovery in systemic lupus erythematosusYelena Koldobskaya
Section of Rheumatology and Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:682018. 2012..This study illustrates the use of gene expression data to rationally select candidate loci in autoimmune disease, and the utility of stratification by molecular phenotypes in the discovery of additional genetic associations in SLE...
- Network analysis of associations between serum interferon-α activity, autoantibodies, and clinical features in systemic lupus erythematosusCorinna E Weckerle
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:1044-53. 2011..This study was undertaken to detect associations between clinical and serologic disease manifestations and serum IFNα activity in a large diverse SLE cohort, using multivariate and network analyses...
- Autoimmune disease risk variant of IFIH1 is associated with increased sensitivity to IFN-α and serologic autoimmunity in lupus patientsTalin Robinson
Section of Rheumatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 187:1298-303. 2011..Thus, the IFIH1 rs1990760 T allele was associated with dsDNA Abs, and in patients with anti-dsDNA Abs this risk allele increased sensitivity to IFN-α signaling. These studies suggest a role for the IFIH1 risk allele in SLE in vivo...
- Promoter variant of PIK3C3 is associated with autoimmunity against Ro and Sm epitopes in African-American lupus patientsSilvia N Kariuki
Section of Rheumatology and Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave MC 0930, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:826434. 2010..Thus, rs3813065 C is associated with a particular autoantibody profile and altered expression of an MHC peptide processing enzyme, suggesting that this variant modulates serologic autoimmunity in African-American SLE patients...
- Education, zip code-based annualized household income, and health outcomes in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMeenakshi Jolly
Rush Lupus Clinic, Rush University Medical Center, 1725 West Harrison Street, Suite 1017, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Rheumatol 37:1150-7. 2010..To determine the association of socioeconomic status [SES; education and zip code-based annual household income (Z-AHI)] and ethnicity with health-related quality of life (HRQOL) among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Psychometric properties of the EuroQol-5D and Short Form-6D in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRohit Aggarwal
Section of Rheumatology, Rush University Medical Center, College of Nursing, 1725 W Harrison Street, Room 1017, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Rheumatol 36:1209-16. 2009..We evaluated the psychometric properties of 2 widely used preference-based generic HRQOL measures, EuroQol-5D (EQ-5D) and Short Form-6D (SF-6D), among United States patients with SLE...
- Trait-stratified genome-wide association study identifies novel and diverse genetic associations with serologic and cytokine phenotypes in systemic lupus erythematosusSilvia N Kariuki
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R151. 2010..These two heritable risk factors are shared between ancestral backgrounds. The aim of the study was to detect genetic factors associated with autoantibody profiles and serum IFN-α in SLE...
- African-derived genetic polymorphisms in TNFAIP3 mediate risk for autoimmunityJames P Lodolce
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 184:7001-9. 2010..This is the first report of an association between TNFAIP3 polymorphisms and autoimmunity in African-Americans...
- Rheumatologists' quality of care for lupus: comparison study between a university and county hospitalAnisha B Dua
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:1261-4. 2012..We compared physician quality of care (P-QOC), health-related quality of life (HRQOL), and disease activity and damage between SLE patients receiving outpatient care at a university and a county rheumatology clinic...
- How does quality of life of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus compare with that of other common chronic illnesses?Meenakshi Jolly
Section of Rheumatology, Advocate Christ Medical Center UIC, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453, USA
J Rheumatol 32:1706-8. 2005..Comparison of health related quality of life (HRQOL) of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) with other common chronic illnesses...
- Tattoo: inflicted vasculitis?Meenakshi Jolly
Section of Rheumatology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 13:49. 2007
- Genetic variation at the IRF7/PHRF1 locus is associated with autoantibody profile and serum interferon-alpha activity in lupus patientsRafah Salloum
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:553-61. 2010..This study was undertaken to determine whether variants of IRF7 act as risk factors for SLE by increasing IFNalpha production and whether autoantibodies are important to this phenomenon...
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in systemic lupus erythematosusNandita Gatla
Section of Rheumatology, University of Chicago Medical Center, IL, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 19:334-40. 2013..Identification of any distinct clinical patterns is important as one would need to escalate rather than decrease or discontinue immune suppression in neuropsychiatric lupus...
- Cross-cultural validation of a disease-specific patient-reported outcome measure for systemic lupus erythematosus in CanadaJosiane Bourré-Tessier
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:1327-33. 2013..We report the results of the cross-cultural validation study of the English version of the LupusPRO among patients in Canada with SLE...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in systemic lupus erythematosusVenugopal Govindappa
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:352-4. 2007
- Looking beyond the ordinary: genital lupusMeenakshi Jolly
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:821-2. 2006
- Discoid lupus erythematosus after tattoo: Koebner phenomenonMeenakshi Jolly
Arthritis Rheum 53:627. 2005
- The risk of cardiac events among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: comment on the article by Costenbader et alMeenakshi Jolly
Arthritis Rheum 53:476. 2005
- Association of rheumatologic disease with preeclampsiaMeenakshi Jolly
Obstet Gynecol 104:1105-6; author reply 1106. 2004