Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Contributions of public hospitals to regional health care: a population-based analysis of the county health care system serving metropolitan ChicagoDavid Goldberg
Cook County Health and Hospitals System, Rush University, John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:346-58. 2011..This county health care system is a productive contributor to overall health service delivery in Cook County, and its contributions exceed its proportionate funding in eight of nine priority health areas...
- Smoking cessation among women with and at risk for HIV: are they quitting?David Goldberg
Division of General Medicine, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County and Rush University, 1901 W Harrison Street, 9th Floor, Administrative Building, Chicago, IL, 60612, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:39-44. 2010..While recent US population-wide surveys report annual sustained smoking cessation rates of 3.4-8.5%, prospective data are lacking on cessation rates for HIV-infected smokers...
- Mailings timed to patients' appointments: a controlled trial of fecal occult blood test cardsDavid Goldberg
Division of General Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:431-5. 2004..To improve the rate of colon cancer screening with FOBT, we tested the effect of mailing FOBT cards timed to appointments on the rates of completion of FOBT...
- Understanding people who smoke and how they change: a foundation for smoking cessation in primary care, part 2David Goldberg
Smoking Cessation Clinic, Division of General Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago Illinois, USA
Dis Mon 48:445-85. 2002..Woven throughout are transcripts of interviews with 4 people in which they describe their experiences smoking and their pathways to cessation...
- Computer expert systems for African-American smokers in physicians offices: a feasibility studyArthur M Hoffman
Rush University Medical Center, IL 60612, USA
Prev Med 43:204-11. 2006..Applying this technology in settings serving low-income African-American smokers, with the addition of practical tools for stress reduction, may help to reduce disparities in morbidity and mortality from smoking-related diseases...
- Understanding people who smoke and how they change: a foundation for smoking cessation in primary care, part 1David Goldberg
Smoking Cessation Clinic, Division of General Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Dis Mon 48:385-439. 2002..Woven throughout are transcripts of interviews with 4 people in which they describe their smoking experiences and their pathways to cessation...
- Tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among hospital patients: concurrent use and willingness to changeAriel Katz
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Hosp Med 3:369-75. 2008....
- Primary care access decreases nonurgent hospital visits for indigent diabeticsDavid Ansell
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center Chicago Medical School, California at 15th Street, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 13:171-83. 2002..Access to primary care was associated with decreased utilization of nonurgent episodic care services and better quality of diabetes care...
- Automatic selection of representative proteins for bacterial phylogenyMarshall Bern
Palo Alto Research Center, 3333 Coyote Hill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
BMC Evol Biol 5:34. 2005..Previous methods have relied primarily upon biological intuition or manual curation for choosing genomic sequences unlikely to be horizontally transferred, and have given inconsistent phylogenies with poor bootstrap confidence...
- Gauging acceptance of a hepatitis C test by family planning clinic attendees in Glasgow, UKLaura Sharp
Health Protection Scotland, Glasgow, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 33:263-6. 2007..Mother-to-child transmission of HCV could, however, be reduced if infected women planning to have children underwent a course of therapy prior to conception...