C G Goetz
Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Goetz C, Poewe W, Rascol O, Sampaio C. Evidence-based medical review update: pharmacological and surgical treatments of Parkinson's disease: 2001 to 2004. Mov Disord. 2005;20:523-39 pubmed..We consider a 3-year period a reasonable time frame for published updates and are working to establish a Web-based mechanism to update the report in an ongoing manner. ..
- Goetz C, Tilley B, Shaftman S, Stebbins G, Fahn S, Martinez Martin P, et al. Movement Disorder Society-sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results. Mov Disord. 2008;23:2129-70 pubmed publisher..90 for each part), which support the use of sum scores for each part in preference to a total score of all parts. The combined clinimetric results of this study support the validity of the MDS-UPDRS for rating PD. ..
- Goetz C. Poor Beard!! Charcot's internationalization of neurasthenia, the "American disease". Neurology. 2001;57:510-4 pubmed..Adding neurasthenia to the other neurologic descriptions from the United States by Hammond, Mitchell, and Dana, Charcot helped to foster the recognition of the American Neurologic School. ..
- Goetz C. J.-M. Charcot and simulated neurologic disease: attitudes and diagnostic strategies. Neurology. 2007;69:103-9 pubmed..His diagnostic techniques are echoed by contemporary approaches and emphasized an attention to enhanced and inconsistent patterns of behaviors by malingerers. ..
- Goetz C. New developments in depression, anxiety, compulsiveness, and hallucinations in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2010;25 Suppl 1:S104-9 pubmed publisher..New treatments are being developed, but there have been very few large-scale randomized clinical trials to test the relative roles of new or available agents for abating these problematic behaviors. ..
- Goetz C. Charcot, hysteria, and simulated disorders. Handb Clin Neurol. 2016;139:11-23 pubmed publisher..He developed specific experimental techniques to separate hysteria from simulation. His studies of hysteria and simulation offer a basis for studies of functional neurologic disorders applicable to the 21st century. ..
- Goetz C, Nutt J, Stebbins G. The Unified Dyskinesia Rating Scale: presentation and clinimetric profile. Mov Disord. 2008;23:2398-403 pubmed publisher..The UDysRS is a clinimetrically sound rating scale for dyskinesia in PD, demonstrating acceptable levels of internal consistency and inter- and intra-rater reliability. Testing scale responsivity to treatment interventions is planned...
- Goetz C, Stebbins G, Wolff D, DeLeeuw W, Bronte Stewart H, Elble R, et al. Testing objective measures of motor impairment in early Parkinson's disease: Feasibility study of an at-home testing device. Mov Disord. 2009;24:551-6 pubmed publisher....