Affiliation: Rush University Medical Center
- Changing attitudes toward homeless peopleDavid Buchanan
Department of Medicine, John Stroger Hospital of Cook County Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:566-8. 2004..After the course, residents also reported an increased interest in volunteering with homeless populations on an anonymous survey...
- The effects of respite care for homeless patients: a cohort studyDavid Buchanan
Department of Medicine at Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1278-81. 2006..Respite care provides homeless individuals with housing and services allowing more complete recovery from illnesses and stabilization of chronic conditions...
- Documenting attitude changes towards homeless people: comparing two standardised surveysDavid Buchanan
John Stroger Hospital of Cook County, and Department of Medicine, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Med Educ 41:346-8. 2007..Although these surveys have similar goals, it is not clear which is superior for documenting attitude changes among doctors in training...
- The health impact of supportive housing for HIV-positive homeless patients: a randomized controlled trialDavid Buchanan
John Stroger Hospital of Cook County formerly Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL, and Rush University, Chicago, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S675-80. 2009..We assessed the health impact of a housing and case management program, the Chicago Housing for Health Partnership, for homeless people with HIV...
- Effect of a housing and case management program on emergency department visits and hospitalizations among chronically ill homeless adults: a randomized trialLaura S Sadowski
Collaborative Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Polk St, Room 1606, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
JAMA 301:1771-8. 2009..Homeless adults, especially those with chronic medical illnesses, are frequent users of costly medical services, especially emergency department and hospital services...
- A curriculum in homeless health care was effective in increasing students' knowledgeSharad Jain
VA Medical Centre, 4150 Clement Street 111, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Med Educ 37:1032-3. 2003
- Does medical school affect the attitudes of medical students towards homeless people? The question remains unansweredDavid Buchanan
Med Educ 38:224. 2004
- Balancing service and education: ethical management of student-run clinicsDavid Buchanan
J Health Care Poor Underserved 17:477-85. 2006..By valuing faculty time dedicated to this work and actively supporting clinic organizers' applications for external funding, medical school administrators can facilitate high quality care and education at student-run clinics...