G L Bakris
Affiliation: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center
- Effect of calcium channel or beta-blockade on the progression of diabetic nephropathy in African AmericansG L Bakris
Department of Medicine, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hypertension 29:744-50. 1997....
- Differential effect of beta-blocker therapy on insulin resistance as a function of insulin sensitizer use: results from GEMINIV Fonseca
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Diabet Med 24:759-63. 2007..To determine whether the beneficial effects of carvedilol on insulin resistance (IR) are affected by the concomitant use of insulin sensitizers [thiazolidinediones (TZDs) and metformin]...
- Benefits of combination angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and calcium antagonist therapy for diabetic patientsG R Sheinfeld
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:80S-85S. 1999..This paper reviews the importance of aggressive blood pressure control in diabetic patients and the clinical trials supporting the use of combination ACE inhibitor/calcium antagonist therapy in the diabetic patient population...
- Effects of different ACE inhibitor combinations on albuminuria: results of the GUARD studyG L Bakris
Hypertensive Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 73:1303-9. 2008..The dissociation between reductions in blood pressure and albuminuria may be related to factors other than blood pressure...
- beta-blocker use and diabetes symptom score: results from the GEMINI studyJ B McGill
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:408-17. 2007..In this paper, we report the results of a prespecified secondary analysis of GEMINI that sought to determine the effect of these two beta-blockers on commonly reported symptoms...
- Sorafenib dose escalation is not uniformly associated with blood pressure elevations in normotensive patients with advanced malignanciesS Karovic
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 96:27-35. 2014..These findings in normotensive patients suggest BP is a complex pharmacodynamic biomarker of VEGF inhibition. Patients have intrinsic differences in sensitivity to sorafenib's BP-elevating effects. ..
- Renal effects of calcium antagonists in diabetes mellitus. An overview of studies in animal models and in humansG L Bakris
Section on Nephrology, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA 70121
Am J Hypertens 4:487S-493S. 1991..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Treatment of microalbuminuria in hypertensive subjects with elevated cardiovascular risk: results of the IMPROVE trialG L Bakris
Department of Medicine, Hypertension Center, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 72:879-85. 2007..Our results suggest that patients with cardiovascular risk and relatively low albumin excretion rates in early-stage disease may only require monotherapy with renin-angiotensin-aldosterone blocking agents...
- Cardiovascular risk modification in participants with coronary disease screened by the Kidney Early Evaluation ProgramP A McCullough
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Intern Med J 40:833-41. 2010..Coronary artery disease (CAD) identifies the need for intensive treatment of risk factors among individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD), a high-risk, complex cardiovascular risk state...