G L Bakris
Affiliation: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center
- Effect of calcium channel or beta-blockade on the progression of diabetic nephropathy in African AmericansG L Bakris
Department of Medicine, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hypertension 29:744-50. 1997....
- Differential effect of beta-blocker therapy on insulin resistance as a function of insulin sensitizer use: results from GEMINIV Fonseca
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Diabet Med 24:759-63. 2007..To determine whether the beneficial effects of carvedilol on insulin resistance (IR) are affected by the concomitant use of insulin sensitizers [thiazolidinediones (TZDs) and metformin]...
- Benefits of combination angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and calcium antagonist therapy for diabetic patientsG R Sheinfeld
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:80S-85S. 1999..This paper reviews the importance of aggressive blood pressure control in diabetic patients and the clinical trials supporting the use of combination ACE inhibitor/calcium antagonist therapy in the diabetic patient population...
- Effects of different ACE inhibitor combinations on albuminuria: results of the GUARD studyG L Bakris
Hypertensive Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 73:1303-9. 2008..The dissociation between reductions in blood pressure and albuminuria may be related to factors other than blood pressure...
- beta-blocker use and diabetes symptom score: results from the GEMINI studyJ B McGill
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:408-17. 2007..In this paper, we report the results of a prespecified secondary analysis of GEMINI that sought to determine the effect of these two beta-blockers on commonly reported symptoms...
- Renal effects of calcium antagonists in diabetes mellitus. An overview of studies in animal models and in humansG L Bakris
Section on Nephrology, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA 70121
Am J Hypertens 4:487S-493S. 1991..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Treatment of microalbuminuria in hypertensive subjects with elevated cardiovascular risk: results of the IMPROVE trialG L Bakris
Department of Medicine, Hypertension Center, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 72:879-85. 2007..Our results suggest that patients with cardiovascular risk and relatively low albumin excretion rates in early-stage disease may only require monotherapy with renin-angiotensin-aldosterone blocking agents...
- Cardiovascular risk modification in participants with coronary disease screened by the Kidney Early Evaluation ProgramP A McCullough
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Intern Med J 40:833-41. 2010..Coronary artery disease (CAD) identifies the need for intensive treatment of risk factors among individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD), a high-risk, complex cardiovascular risk state...