Anna D Rubinsky
- AUDIT-C alcohol screening results and postoperative inpatient health care useAnna D Rubinsky
Health Services Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:296-305.e1. 2012..This study evaluated whether AUDIT-C scores in the year before surgery were associated with postoperative hospital length of stay, total ICU days, return to the operating room, and hospital readmission...
- Estimating risk of alcohol dependence using alcohol screening scoresAnna D Rubinsky
Northwest Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 108:29-36. 2010..AUDIT or AUDIT-C scores could be used to estimate the probability of past-year alcohol dependence among patients who screen positive for alcohol misuse and inform clinical decision-making...
- Prevalence of alcohol misuse among men and women undergoing major noncardiac surgery in the Veterans Affairs health care systemKatharine A Bradley
Health Services Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Surgery 152:69-81. 2012..Severe alcohol misuse (AUDIT-C ≥9 points) is associated with increased postoperative health care use; however, little is known about the prevalence of alcohol misuse in demographic and clinical subgroups of surgical patients...
- Variation in documented care for unhealthy alcohol consumption across race/ethnicity in the Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare SystemEmily C Williams
Health Services Research and Development, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:1614-22. 2012..We describe alcohol-related care for 3 racial/ethnic groups among VA outpatients with unhealthy alcohol use...
- Alcohol screening and risk of postoperative complications in male VA patients undergoing major non-cardiac surgeryKatharine A Bradley
Health Services Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:162-9. 2011..Four weeks of preoperative abstinence decreases the risk of complications, but practical approaches for early preoperative identification of alcohol misuse are needed...
- Preoperative alcohol screening scores: association with complications in men undergoing total joint arthroplastyAlex H S Harris
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:321-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the association between a patient's preoperative standardized alcohol-misuse screening score and his or her risk of complications after total joint arthroplasty...