Joshua M Wiener
Affiliation: RTI International
- The CLASS Act: is it dead or just sleeping?Joshua M Wiener
RTI International, Washington, DC 20005, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 24:118-35. 2012....
- Why do they stay? Job tenure among certified nursing assistants in nursing homesJoshua M Wiener
Aging, Disability, and Long Term Care Program, RTI International, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Gerontologist 49:198-210. 2009..This study identifies factors related to job tenure among certified nursing assistants (CNAs) working in nursing homes...
- Making the system work for home care qualityJoshua M Wiener
RTI International, USA
J Healthc Qual 31:18-23. 2009..The paper concludes by drawing implications for policy...
- Are consumer-directed home care beneficiaries satisfied? Evidence from Washington stateJoshua M Wiener
Aging, Disability and Long Term Care, RTI International, 701 13th Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005 3967, USA
Gerontologist 47:763-74. 2007..This study analyzed the effect of consumer-directed versus agency-directed home care on satisfaction with paid personal assistance services among Medicaid beneficiaries in Washington State...
- Obesity and people with disabilities: the implications for health care expendituresWayne L Anderson
Aging, Disability, and Long Term Care Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:E798-804. 2013..This study estimates additional average health care expenditures for overweight and obesity for adults with disabilities vs. without...
- Workforce issues and consumer satisfaction in Medicaid personal assistance servicesWayne L Anderson
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:87-101. 2006..Efforts to improve workforce issues are needed to improve the quality of care of these services...
- Potentially avoidable hospitalizations of dually eligible Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries from nursing facility and Home- and Community-Based Services waiver programsEdith G Walsh
Department of Aging, Disability and Long Term Care, RTI International, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:821-9. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the incidence, costs, and factors associated with potentially avoidable hospitalizations (PAH) in this population...
- Personal care satisfaction among aged and physically disabled Medicaid beneficiariesGalina Khatutsky
RTI International, Waltham, MA 02451 1623, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:69-86. 2006....
- Estimates of state-level health-care expenditures associated with disabilityWayne L Anderson
RTI International, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Public Health Rep 125:44-51. 2010..We estimated state-level disability-associated health-care expenditures (DAHE) for the U.S. adult population...
- Immigrant and non-immigrant certified nursing assistants in nursing homes: how do they differ?Galina Khatutsky
RTI International, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 22:267-87. 2010..The paper discusses major policy issues that arise from the increase in immigrant labor in long-term care...
- Commentary: Cash and Counseling in an international contextJoshua M Wiener
Aging, Disability and Long Term Care, RTI International, 701 13 Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Health Serv Res 42:567-76. 2007
- End of life Medicare and Medicaid expenditures for dually eligible beneficiariesKorbin Liu
Health Policy Center, The Urban Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 27:95-110. 2006....
- An assessment of strategies for improving quality of care in nursing homesJoshua M Wiener
The Urban Institute, 2100 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Gerontologist 43:19-27. 2003..Despite substantial regulatory oversight, quality of care in nursing homes remains problematic. This article assesses strategies for improving quality of care in these facilities...
- Population ageing in the United States of America: implications for public programmesJoshua M Wiener
The Urban Institute, 2100 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20015, USA
Int J Epidemiol 31:776-81. 2002
- Medication use among Medicaid users of home and community-based servicesJudith Shinogle
Health Care Financ Rev 28:103-16. 2006..This study highlights the need to study the interaction of Medicaid, social services programs, and financial barriers for this disabled population...
- Home and community-based services in seven statesJoshua M Wiener
Health Care Financ Rev 23:89-114. 2002..The role that Medicaid plays in home and community-based services is a major focus of the study...
- Medical and long-term care costs when older persons become more dependentJack M Guralnik
Epidemiology, Demography, and Biometry Program, National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1244-5. 2002
- Health policy for low-income people: states' responses to new challengesJohn Holahan
Health Policy Center, Urban Institute, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2002..Implications for the future are discussed...