Nedra S Whitehead
Affiliation: RTI International
- Prenatal counseling on seat belt use and crash-related medical careNedra S Whitehead
RTI International, Social and Statistical Sciences, 2951 Flowers Road South, Suite 119, Atlanta, GA, 30341, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:1527-32. 2013..Most pregnant women who are hurt in a car accident require medical care or bed rest. Public health action and research is needed to reduce the burden of motor-vehicle related injuries among pregnant women. ..
- The relationship of socioeconomic status to preterm contractions and preterm deliveryNedra S Whitehead
RTI International, Social, Statistical, and Environmental Sciences, Statistics and Epidemiology, 2951 Flowers Road, Suite 119, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:1645-56. 2012....
- The PhenX Toolkit pregnancy and birth collectionsNedra S Whitehead
RTI International, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:753-8. 2012..Here, we introduce perinatal researchers to the PhenX Toolkit and the Collections related to pregnancy and childbirth...
- Prevalence and predictors of receipt of prenatal information about genetic screeningNedra S Whitehead
RTI International, Social and Statistical Sciences, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Prenat Diagn 26:944-50. 2006..To examine the proportion of women who received information on genetic screening among those who had prenatal care and to determine whether the proportion varied by maternal characteristics...
- Case management protocol and declining blood lead concentrations among childrenNedra S Whitehead
Research Triangle Institute International, Social and Statistical Sciences, 2951 Flowers Rd, Suite 119, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A05. 2007..48-0.96 micromol/L) declined among children aged 3 years and younger and whether the magnitude of decline was associated with the case management protocol of the state or local childhood lead poisoning prevention program...
- Racial and ethnic differences in preterm delivery among low-risk womenNedra Whitehead
RTI International, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Ethn Dis 20:261-6. 2010..Preterm delivery is the leading cause of infant mortality in the United States. The risk of preterm delivery and the prevalence of factors associated with preterm delivery differ by racial and ethnic groups...
- Communicating risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer with an interactive decision support toolDouglas J Rupert
Health Communication Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Patient Educ Couns 92:188-96. 2013..Because of HBOC's rarity, screening is recommended only for women with strong cancer family histories. However, most patients do not have accurate history available and struggle to understand genetic concepts...