Charles F Turner
Affiliation: RTI International
- The quality of health data obtained in a new survey of elderly Americans: a validation study of the proposed Medicare Beneficiary Health Status Registry (MBHSR)C F Turner
Research Triangle Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 52:S49-58. 1997..In addition, the MBHSR Field Test obtained, in general, relatively high levels of internal consistency in survey reports...
- Monitoring trends in drug use: strategies for the 21st centuryC F Turner
Research Triangle Institute, Washington, D C 20036, USA
Subst Use Misuse 32:2093-103. 1997..Time-series of those data can be integrated with self-reports to provide a better understanding of changes over time in the prevalence and patterns of drug use...
- Reducing bias in telephone survey estimates of the prevalence of drug use: a randomized trial of telephone audio-CASICharles F Turner
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, Washington DC 20036, USA
Addiction 100:1432-44. 2005..Prior research suggests that illicit drug use is underreported in traditional, interviewer-administered, telephone surveys...
- Untreated gonococcal and chlamydial infection in a probability sample of adultsCharles F Turner
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, 1615 M St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
JAMA 287:726-33. 2002..Development of nucleic acid amplification tests, such as the ligase chain reaction assay, provides new opportunities to estimate the prevalence of untreated infections in the population...
- NAAT-identified and self-reported gonorrhea and chlamydial infections: different at-risk population subgroups?Susan M Rogers
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Sex Transm Dis 29:588-96. 2002....
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection among 15- to 35-year-olds in Baltimore, MDElizabeth Eggleston
Statistics and Epidemiology Division, Research Triangle Institute, Washington, DC 20015, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:743-9. 2011..This article reports population and subpopulation prevalence estimates of Ct and correlates of infection among 15- to 35-year-olds in Baltimore, MD...
- Incarceration, high-risk sexual partnerships and sexually transmitted infections in an urban populationSusan M Rogers
Statistics and Epidemiology Division, Research Triangle Institute, 701 13th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Sex Transm Infect 88:63-8. 2012..The authors examined the associations between personal and partner incarceration, high-risk sexual partnerships and biologically confirmed sexually transmitted infection (STI) in a US urban population...
- Effect of low medical literacy on health survey measurementsAlia A Al-Tayyib
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, Washington, DC. 20036, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1478-80. 2002
- T-ACASI reduces bias in STD measurements: the National STD and Behavior Measurement ExperimentMaria A Villarroel
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:499-506. 2008..Telephone computer-assisted self-interviewing (T-ACASI) surveys substitute a computer for human interviewers when asking sensitive questions...
- Risk behaviors, medical care, and chlamydial infection among young men in the United StatesLeighton Ku
Urban Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1140-3. 2002..This study assessed factors related to chlamydial infection among young men in the United States...
- Audio-computerized self-interviewing versus face-to-face interviewing for research data collection at drug abuse treatment programsTheresa E Perlis
National Development and Research Institutes, Inc, New York, NY 10003, USA
Addiction 99:885-96. 2004..A-CASI has been found to increase reporting of sensitive items among a variety of population subgroups...
- The differential effects of face-to-face and computer interview modesJessica Clark Newman
Chemical Dependency Institute, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 92:294-7. 2002..This study assessed the differential effects of face-to-face interviewing and audio-computer assisted self-interviewing (audio-CASI) on categories of questions...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of Y chromosome sequences in vaginal fluid: preliminary studies of a potential biomarker for sexual behaviorJonathan M Zenilman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:90-4. 2005..Self-reported measures of sexual behavior are subject to nontrivial reporting biases...