Linda B Squiers
Affiliation: RTI International
- Prostate-specific antigen testing: men's responses to 2012 recommendation against screeningLinda B Squiers
Health Communication Program, RTI International, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Am J Prev Med 45:182-9. 2013....
- Consumers' perceptions of preconception healthLinda Squiers
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:S10-9. 2013..To inform the development of a preconception health (PCH) social marketing plan, we conducted qualitative research with prospective consumers...
- The health literacy skills frameworkLinda Squiers
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Health Commun 17:30-54. 2012..The Health Literacy Skills framework could also be used to guide the development of interventions to improve health literacy. Future research should be conducted to fully test the relations in the framework...
- The public's response to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force's 2009 recommendations on mammography screeningLinda B Squiers
RTI International, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:497-504. 2011..On November 16, 2009, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) released new breast cancer screening recommendations, resulting in considerable controversy...
- Communicating risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer with an interactive decision support toolDouglas J Rupert
Health Communication Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Patient Educ Couns 92:188-96. 2013..Because of HBOC's rarity, screening is recommended only for women with strong cancer family histories. However, most patients do not have accurate history available and struggle to understand genetic concepts...
- Communicating quantitative risks and benefits in promotional prescription drug labeling or print advertisingSuzanne L West
RTI International, NC, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 22:447-58. 2013....