Kara S Riehman
Affiliation: RTI International
- Sexual relationships, secondary syringe exchange, and gender differences in HIV risk among drug injectorsKara S Riehman
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Urban Health 81:249-59. 2004..More information on network members is needed to understand gender differences in secondary exchange...
- Discordance in monogamy beliefs, sexual concurrency, and condom use among young adult substance-involved couples: implications for risk of sexually transmitted infectionsKara S Riehman
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Sex Transm Dis 33:677-82. 2006....
- Secondary syringe exchange among users of 23 California syringe exchange programsJennifer Lorvick
Urban Health Program, RTI International, San Francisco, CA, USA
Subst Use Misuse 41:865-82. 2006..In the interim, SEPs should consider reinforcing HIV prevention education messages and training IDUs who engage in SSE in safe handling of biohazardous materials...
- African-American crack abusers and drug treatment initiation: barriers and effects of a pretreatment interventionWendee M Wechsberg
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions Program, Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice Research Division, RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:10. 2007..This study examined the effects of a pretreatment intervention designed to enhance treatment motivation, decrease crack use, and prepare crack abusers for treatment entry...
- The influence of partner drug use and relationship power on treatment engagementKara S Riehman
RAND, PO Box 2138, 1700 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 70:1-10. 2003..Relationship power dynamics may be important influences on the treatment process, and some dimensions of power may interact with partner drug use status...
- Gender differences in the impact of social support on crack use among African AmericansKara S Riehman
Macro International Inc, 3 Corporate Square NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Subst Use Misuse 43:85-104. 2008..Limitations of the sample and data are discussed. Further research is needed on the influence of social support for African American drug-using populations...