Affiliation: RTI International
- The nonmedical use of prescription ADHD medications: results from a national Internet panelScott P Novak
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:32. 2007..Using an Internet-based epidemiological survey, this paper advances understanding of the prevalence and correlates of NMU of medications used to treat ADHD, sources of diverted medications, motivations for use, and consumption patterns...
- Retail tobacco outlet density and youth cigarette smoking: a propensity-modeling approachScott P Novak
Substance Abuse Epidemiology, Prevention, and Risk Behavior, RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Public Health 96:670-6. 2006..We examined whether retail tobacco outlet density was related to youth cigarette smoking after control for a diverse range of neighborhood characteristics...
- Physical pain, common psychiatric and substance use disorders, and the non-medical use of prescription analgesics in the United StatesScott P Novak
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:63-70. 2009..These findings suggest that pain is an independent risk factor for non-disordered and disordered NMPAU, yet its effects are substantially modified by patterns of substance use...
- Comparing injection and non-injection routes of administration for heroin, methamphetamine, and cocaine users in the United StatesScott P Novak
RTI International, Behavioral Health Epidemiology, Post Office Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Addict Dis 30:248-57. 2011..Fewer differences between IDUs and non-IDUs were observed for heroin users compared with methamphetamine or cocaine users...
- How beliefs about substance use differ by socio-demographic characteristics, individual experiences, and neighborhood environments among urban adolescentsScott P Novak
Centers for Behaviroal and Preventive Medicine, Brown University, Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Drug Educ 32:319-42. 2002..These findings illustrate the complex links between individual and contextual factors in the development of beliefs about the health risks associated with substance use...
- Psychiatric disorders and stages of smokingNaomi Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3450, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:69-76. 2004..We examined the role of DSM-III-R psychiatric disorders in predicting the subsequent onset of daily smoking, smokers' progression to nicotine dependence, and the persistence of smoking...
- Visit satisfaction and tailored health behavior communications in primary careChristopher N Sciamanna
Department of Community Health, The Miriam Hospital, Centers for Behavioral and Prev Med, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:426-30. 2004..Although studies suggest that computer-tailored health communications can help patients improve health behaviors, their effect on patient satisfaction, when used in healthcare settings, has yet to be examined...
- Decomposing the total variation in a nested random effects model of neighborhood, household, and individual components when the dependent variable is dichotomous: implications for adolescent marijuana useDouglas Wright
DHHS SAMHSA OAS, Room 7 1019, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 78:195-204. 2005..Finally, we partition the variance components using a conventional continuously distributed outcome and compare the relative magnitudes across binary and continuous outcomes...
- Prevalence and Correlates of Psychiatric Disorders among Older AdultsScott Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..Issues addressed in this proposal are in concert with the scientific agenda for mental health and aging research promoted by National Institute of Mental Health, Mental Illnesses in Older Adults (PA-03-014). ..