Elizabeth M McClure
Affiliation: RTI International
- Use of vaginally administered chlorhexidine during labor to improve pregnancy outcomesRobert L Goldenberg
Center for Research in Women s Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35233 1602, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:1139-46. 2006..Our objective was to determine the potential for chlorhexidine used as a vaginal and neonatal wash to reduce adverse outcomes of pregnancy, especially in developing countries...
- A systematic review of the impact of malaria prevention in pregnancy on low birth weight and maternal anemiaElizabeth M McClure
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, USA Research Triangle Institute, Durham, USA Electronic address
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 121:103-9. 2013..Prevention with sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine (SP) during pregnancy has been recommended in malaria-endemic areas but concerns remain about its benefit...
- The MANDATE model for evaluating interventions to reduce postpartum hemorrhageElizabeth M McClure
Department of Statistics and Epidemiology, Research Triangle Institute, Durham, NC 27709, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 121:5-9. 2013..To create a comprehensive model of the comparative impact of various interventions on maternal, fetal, and neonatal (MFN) mortality...
- A conference report on prenatal corticosteroid use in low- and middle-income countriesElizabeth M McClure
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Research Triangle Institute, Durham 27709, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 115:215-9. 2011..To evaluate the evidence for prenatal corticosteroid use in low- and middle-income countries and to make recommendations regarding implementation and further research...
- Communities, birth attendants and health facilities: a continuum of emergency maternal and newborn care (the Global Network's EmONC trial)Omrana Pasha
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:82. 2010..However, the effectiveness of emergency obstetric and neonatal care services has never been proven. Also unproven is the effectiveness of community mobilization and community birth attendant training to improve pregnancy outcomes...
- Complementary feeding: a Global Network cluster randomized controlled trialNancy F Krebs
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Pediatr 11:4. 2011..Animal source foods in particular are cited as essential to achieve micronutrient requirements. The efficacy of the recommendation for regular meat consumption, however, has not been systematically evaluated...
- Brain research to ameliorate impaired neurodevelopment--home-based intervention trial (BRAIN-HIT)Jan L Wallander
Psychological Sciences and Health Sciences Research Institute, University of California, Merced, 5200 Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343, USA
BMC Pediatr 10:27. 2010....
- Reduced perinatal mortality following enhanced training of birth attendants in the Democratic Republic of Congo: a time-dependent effectRichard Matendo
Kinshasa School of Public Health, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
BMC Med 9:93. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect on perinatal mortality of training birth attendants in a rural area of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) using two established programs...
- The use of chlorhexidine to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity in low-resource settingsE M McClure
Department of Statistics and Epidemiology, RTI International, Durham, NC 27709, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 97:89-94. 2007..It also summarizes issues related to programmatic implementation...
- Epidemiology of stillbirth in low-middle income countries: a Global Network StudyElizabeth M McClure
Research Triangle Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1379-85. 2011..To determine population-based stillbirth rates and to determine whether the timing and maturity of the stillbirths suggest a high proportion of potentially preventable deaths...
- Evaluation of the educational impact of the WHO Essential Newborn Care course in ZambiaE M McClure
Research Triangle Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27709, USA
Acta Paediatr 96:1135-8. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness of the World Health Organization (WHO) Essential Newborn Care (ENC) course in improving knowledge and skills of nurse midwives in low-risk delivery clinics in a developing country...
- Maternal mortality, stillbirth and measures of obstetric care in developing and developed countriesE M McClure
Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 96:139-46. 2007..Because underlying causes of both outcomes appeared similar, the relationship between maternal mortality, stillbirth and three measures of obstetrical care were studied...
- The global network: a prospective study of stillbirths in developing countriesElizabeth M McClure
Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:247.e1-5. 2007..Our goal was to determine stillbirth rates in a multisite population-based study in community settings in the developing world...
- Infection and stillbirthElizabeth M McClure
Department of Epidemiology, UNC Global School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 14:182-9. 2009..However, because infection-related stillbirth is uncommon in developed countries, and because those that do occur are caused by a wide variety of organisms, reducing this etiologic component of stillbirth much further will be difficult...
- Stillbirth in developing countries: a review of causes, risk factors and prevention strategiesElizabeth M McClure
Research Triangle Institute, Durham, NC 27709, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:183-90. 2009..To understand the rates, causes and risk factors for stillbirth in developing countries as well as the strategies that have been evaluated to reduce stillbirth...
- Stillbirth in developing countriesE M McClure
Statistics and Epidemiology, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 94:82-90. 2006..To conduct a systematic review of the literature on stillbirths in developing countries...
- Classifying perinatal mortality using verbal autopsy: is there a role for nonphysicians?Cyril Engmann
Departments of Pediatrics and Maternal Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Popul Health Metr 9:42. 2011..abstract:..
- Training traditional birth attendants on the WHO Essential Newborn Care reduces perinatal mortalityAna Garces
IMSALUD, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:593-7. 2012....
- Stillbirth and early neonatal mortality in rural Central AfricaCyril Engmann
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7596, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 105:112-7. 2009....
- Infectious causes of stillbirth: a clinical perspectiveElizabeth M McClure
Department of Epidemiology, Global School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 53:635-45. 2010..Screening, prevention, and treatment of maternal infections are important to reduce stillbirth risk...
- Clinical algorithms for the identification of sick newborns in community-based settingsBeena D Kamath-Rayne
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Acta Paediatr 101:344-51. 2012....
- The relationship of intrapartum and antepartum stillbirth rates to measures of obstetric care in developed and developing countriesRobert L Goldenberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:1303-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to explore the relationship between intrapartum and antepartum stillbirths and various measures of obstetric care in developing and developed countries...
- Anemia prevalence and risk factors in pregnant women in an urban area of PakistanNaila Baig-Ansari
Program in International and Community Nutrition, Room 3252, Myer Hall, One Shields Ave, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Food Nutr Bull 29:132-9. 2008..Anemia affects almost two-thirds of pregnant women in developing countries and contributes to maternal morbidity and mortality and to low birthweight...
- Stillbirths in an urban community in PakistanImtiaz Jehan
Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:257.e1-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine stillbirth risk factors and gestational age at delivery in a prospective developing country birth cohort...