Affiliation: RTI International
- Pharmacies as providers of expanded health services for people who inject drugs: a review of laws, policies, and barriers in six countriesTheodore M Hammett
Abt Associates Inc, Cambridge MA 02138, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 14:261. 2014..People who inject drugs (PWID) are underserved by health providers but pharmacies may be their most accessible care settings...
- Temporal changes in HCV genotype distribution in three different high risk populations in San Francisco, CaliforniaPaulo Telles Dias
Núcleo de Estudos e Pesquisas em Atenção ao Uso de Drogas NEPAD Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro State University of Rio de Janeiro, 20940 200 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
BMC Infect Dis 11:208. 2011..In the United States (U.S.) HCV GT 1 is reported as the most common infecting GT among chronically infected patients. In Europe, however, recent studies have suggested that the epidemiology of HCV GTs is changing...
- Estimating past hepatitis C infection risk from reported risk factor histories: implications for imputing age of infection and modeling fibrosis progressionPeter Bacchetti
Box 0560, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMC Infect Dis 7:145. 2007..We sought to examine the accuracy of such imputation and implications for modeling factors that influence progression rates...
- Acceptability of a safer injection facility among injection drug users in San FranciscoAlex H Kral
Urban Health Program, RTI International, San Francisco Regional Office, 114 Sansome Street Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 110:160-3. 2010..Since 2007 support for implementation of a SIF in San Francisco has been building. The objective of this study is to assess the acceptability of a SIF among injection drug users (IDUs) in San Francisco...
- Comparing respondent-driven sampling and targeted sampling methods of recruiting injection drug users in San FranciscoAlex H Kral
Urban Health Program, RTI International, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
J Urban Health 87:839-50. 2010....
- HIV prevalence and risk among heterosexual methamphetamine injectors in CaliforniaAlex H Kral
RTI International, San Francisco, California 94104, USA
Subst Use Misuse 46:1081-9. 2011..There was no significant difference in HIV sero-status by methamphetamine use. Suggestions are made for designing HIV prevention programs. The study's limitations are noted...