Jennie L Harris
Affiliation: RTI International
- Low-frequency heroin injection among out-of-treatment, street-recruited injection drug usersJennie L Harris
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Urban Health 90:299-306. 2013..A small but significant proportion of heroin injectors inject heroin 10 or less times per month. Additional research is needed to qualitatively examine low-frequency heroin injection and its relationship to drug use trajectories...
- Implementing an SMS-Based Intervention for Persons Living With Human Immunodeficiency VirusJennie L Harris
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina Ms Harris, Drs Furberg, Lewis, Coomes, and Uhrig, and Mr Williams and Howard Brown Health Center Ms Martin and Children s Memorial Hospital Dr Kuhns, Chicago, Illinois
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:E9-E16. 2013..A larger-scale intervention study that incorporates these stakeholders' suggestions for improvement is warranted...
- Hepatitis B vaccination in six STD clinics in the United States committed to integrating viral hepatitis prevention servicesJennie L Harris
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Public Health Rep 122:42-7. 2007..This report describes hepatitis B vaccination trends in six STD clinics in the United States and discusses implications for policy and practice...
- Tailored text messaging intervention for HIV adherence: a proof-of-concept studyMegan A Lewis
Health Communication Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Health Psychol 32:248-53. 2013..This study sought to determine if dynamically tailored medication messages delivered to people living with HIV (PLWH) via text messaging would be well received and enhance adherence and clinical outcomes...
- Addressing HIV knowledge, risk reduction, social support, and patient involvement using SMS: results of a proof-of-concept studyJennifer D Uhrig
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Health Commun 17:128-45. 2012..Future research should include a larger sample, a control group, multiple sites, younger participants, and longer term follow-up...
- The costs and impacts of testing for hepatitis C virus antibody in public STD clinicsAmanda A Honeycutt
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Public Health Rep 122:55-62. 2007..To estimate the cost and cost-effectiveness of testing sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic subgroups for antibodies to hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Beyond reminders: a conceptual framework for using short message service to promote prevention and improve healthcare quality and clinical outcomes for people living with HIVCurtis M Coomes
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
AIDS Care 24:348-57. 2012..We recommend that future studies explore the potential linkages between variations in SMS characteristics and these mediating factors to determine if and how they influence the larger outcomes...
- Integrating viral hepatitis prevention services into an urban STD clinic: Denver, ColoradoJulie Subiadur
Denver Public Health, Virology Clinic, STD Clinic, Denver, CO, USA
Public Health Rep 122:12-7. 2007..Viral hepatitis prevention services can be incorporated into a busy STD clinic if staff and resources are available. Rapid HIV testing may be associated with lower receipt of anti-HCV test results...
- Establishing a viral hepatitis prevention and control program: Florida's experienceLinda M Baldy
Florida Department of Health, Bureau of HIV AIDS, Hepatitis Prevention Program, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Public Health Rep 122:24-30. 2007..5% seropositivity rate. With $24 million from the Florida State Legislature through 2006, HPP has helped CHDs statewide provide substantial viral hepatitis prevention services to at-risk adults...