Michael T Halpern
Affiliation: RTI International
- Disparities in receipt of lymph node biopsy among early-stage female breast cancer patientsMichael T Halpern
Division of Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, 701 13th St NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:562-70. 2009..These results indicate that significant disparities exist in sampling of axillary lymph nodes among women with early-stage breast cancer...
- Factors associated with colon cancer stage at diagnosisMichael T Halpern
Division of Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, 701 13th Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:2680-93. 2009..Screening disparities may lead to more advanced stage at diagnosis among colon cancer patients; programs to improve access to screening among underserved populations may address this disparity...
- Beliefs regarding smoking in the workplace: results from the Global Workplace Smoking SurveyMichael T Halpern
Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, 701 13th St NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Int J Public Health 54:391-401. 2009..To collect global information on attitudes of employers and employees toward workplace smoking and cessation...
- Employee and employer support for workplace-based smoking cessation: results from an international surveyMichael T Halpern
Division of Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, 701 13th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
J Occup Health 52:375-82. 2010..To assist with the development of such programs, we conducted a Global Workplace Smoking Survey to collect information on workplace attitudes towards smoking cessation programs...
- Impact of insurance status on access to care and out-of-pocket costs for U.S. individuals with epilepsyMichael T Halpern
RTI International, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Epilepsy Behav 22:483-9. 2011....
- Improving quality of cancer care at community hospitals: impact of the National Cancer Institute Community Cancer Centers Program pilotMichael T Halpern
RTI International, Washington, DC, and Research Triangle Park, NC American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL and National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
J Oncol Pract 9:e298-304. 2013..We assessed changes in quality of care among the 16 initial NCCCP sites versus 25 similar hospitals that did not participate in the NCCCP...
- Role of gender and race mismatch and graft failure in patients undergoing liver transplantationVinod K Rustgi
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Liver Transpl 8:514-8. 2002..21). Mismatch between black donors and white recipients was found to increase the risk of liver graft failure (27.4%, P = <.0001), independently of gender, number of comorbidities, and functional status at time of transplant...