Elizabeth C Costenbader
Affiliation: RTI International
- The dynamics of injection drug users' personal networks and HIV risk behaviorsElizabeth C Costenbader
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions Program, Research Triangle Institute, International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Addiction 101:1003-13. 2006..The present study examined the dynamics of IDUs' social networks and HIV risk behaviors over time...
- The association between change in social network characteristics and non-fatal overdose: results from the SHIELD study in Baltimore, MD, USAKarin E Tobin
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 1629 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 87:63-8. 2007..Yet, few studies have examined how changes in social network characteristics may influence overdose risk. The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between changes in social network and non-fatal overdose...
- Methamphetamine use and risky sexual behaviors during heterosexual encountersWilliam A Zule
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:689-94. 2007..This study examined the association between event-level methamphetamine use and heterosexual risk behaviors...
- The impact of illicit drug use and harmful drinking on quality of life among injection drug users at high risk for hepatitis C infectionElizabeth C Costenbader
Substance Abuse Treatment, Evaluations and Interventions SATEI, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 89:251-8. 2007..To date, considerations of HRQL have not played a prominent role in the design and measurement of intervention strategies for out-of-treatment at-risk populations...
- Effects of a hepatitis C virus educational intervention or a motivational intervention on alcohol use, injection drug use, and sexual risk behaviors among injection drug usersWilliam A Zule
Behavioral Health Criminal Justice Research Division, RTI International, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S180-6. 2009..We compared the effects of 2 interventions on alcohol use, use of a new syringe at last injection, and condom use at last sexual encounter in a community sample of injection drug users...
- Behaviorally bisexual men and their risk behaviors with men and womenWilliam A Zule
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluation and Invention Research Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Urban Health 86:48-62. 2009..The study findings suggest that there may be important differences in HIV risk behaviors and HIV prevalence between MSM and MSMW as well as between MSMW and MSW...
- Secrecy and risk among MSM in Tbilisi, GeorgiaElizabeth C Costenbader
Behavioral and Biomedical Research Department, Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
AIDS Care 21:591-7. 2009....
- Correlation of prospective and cross-sectional measures of HIV type 1 incidence in a higher-risk cohort in Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamConnie J Sexton
FHI, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:866-73. 2012..7% and adjusted incidence of 1.7% per year (95% CI, 0.6, 2.8). By comparison, both HIV prevalence and incidence estimates for the opiate-positive group were higher...