Nancy D Berkman
Affiliation: RTI International
- Retiree health insurance: recent trends and tomorrow's prospectsLauren A McCormack
University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 23:17-34. 2002..The forces discouraging its growth--rising premium costs, a slower economy, judicial challenges, and an uncertain Medicare+Choice (M+C) program and policy agenda--far outweigh the forces likely to encourage expansion...
- Grading the strength of a body of evidence when assessing health care interventions: an EPC updateNancy D Berkman
Division of Social Policy, Health and Economics Research, RTI International Research Triangle Institute, PO Box 12194, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA Electronic address
J Clin Epidemiol 68:1312-24. 2015....
- Integration of existing systematic reviews into new reviews: identification of guidance needsKaren A Robinson
Johns Hopkins University, 1830 E, Monument St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Syst Rev 3:60. 2014..The objectives of this paper are: 1) to identify areas where existing guidance may be adopted or adapted, and 2) to suggest areas for future guidance development...
- Observational evidence and strength of evidence domains: case examplesMaya O'Neil
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology and Evidence based Practice Center, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Syst Rev 3:35. 2014..However, certain circumstances warrant consideration of observational evidence, and such studies are increasingly being included as evidence in systematic reviews...
- Challenges in implementing The Institute of Medicine systematic review standardsStephanie M Chang
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Syst Rev 2:69. 2013....
- Interrater reliability of grading strength of evidence varies with the complexity of the evidence in systematic reviewsNancy D Berkman
Division of Social Policy, Health, and Economics Research, RTI International Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 66:1105-1117.e1. 2013..To examine consistency (interrater reliability) of applying guidance for grading strength of evidence in systematic reviews for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Evidence-based Practice Center program...
- Low health literacy and health outcomes: an updated systematic reviewNancy D Berkman
Program on Health Care Quality and Outcomes, Division of Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2194, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:97-107. 2011..Approximately 80 million Americans have limited health literacy, which puts them at greater risk for poorer access to care and poorer health outcomes...
- Access to treatment-related and support services in methadone treatment programsNancy D Berkman
Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:97-104. 2007..Not-for-profit or public ownership of treatment sites was also found to be positively related to patient access...
- Health literacy: what is it?Nancy D Berkman
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2194, USA
J Health Commun 15:9-19. 2010..Increased attention to this important issue suggests the need to review existing definitions of the term "health literacy," because despite the growing interest in this field, one question that persists is, "What is health literacy?"..
- Measuring beneficiary knowledge of the Medicare program: a psychometric analysisCarla M Bann
RTI, Statistics Research Division, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle, Park, NC 27709 2194
Health Care Financ Rev 24:111-25. 2003..Overall, based on both content considerations and the psychometric analyses, the true/false quiz proved to be the more accurate and useful measure of beneficiaries' knowledge...
- Development of the RTI item bank on risk of bias and precision of observational studiesMeera Viswanathan
Social Policy, Health, and Economics Research, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 65:163-78. 2012..To create a practical and validated item bank for evaluating the risk of bias and precision of observational studies of interventions or exposures included in systematic evidence reviews...
- Screening for Speech and Language Delay in Children 5 Years Old and Younger: A Systematic ReviewIna F Wallace
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina and
Pediatrics 136:e448-62. 2015..This review aimed to update the evidence on screening and treating children for speech and language since the 2006 US Preventive Services Task Force systematic review...
- Literacy and health outcomes: a systematic review of the literatureDarren A DeWalt
RTI International University of North Carolina Evidence based Practice Center, Research Triangle Park, NC 27599, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:1228-39. 2004..To review the relationship between literacy and health outcomes...
- Surgical treatments for otitis media with effusion: a systematic reviewIna F Wallace
Division for Health Services and Social Policy Research, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina and
Pediatrics 133:296-311. 2014..This study's objective was to compare the effectiveness of surgical strategies currently used for managing OME...
- Timing of colposcopy after cervical cytologic abnormalitiesTzy Mey Kuo
Research Triangle Institute International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:629-36. 2010....
- The Health Literacy Skills Instrument: a 10-item short formCarla M Bann
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Health Commun 17:191-202. 2012..The HLSI-SF offers researchers and practitioners a valid and reliable measure of health literacy skills...
- Outcomes of eating disorders: a systematic review of the literatureNancy D Berkman
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Int J Eat Disord 40:293-309. 2007....
- Measuring health literacy: a pilot study of a new skills-based instrumentLauren McCormack
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Health Commun 15:51-71. 2010..The overall instrument demonstrated good internal consistency, with a Cronbach's alpha of 0.86. Additional analyses are planned, with the goal of creating a short form of the instrument...
- Initial feasibility of a woman-focused intervention for pregnant african-american womenHendree E Jones
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluation and Intervention, RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Int J Pediatr 2011:389285. 2011..Future studies should examine the efficacy of the pregnancy-adapted Women's CoOp for women not enrolled in drug-abuse treatment...