Wayne L Anderson
Affiliation: RTI International
- The impact of assistive technologies on formal and informal home careWayne L Anderson
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Gerontologist 55:422-33. 2015....
- Estimates of state-level health-care expenditures associated with disabilityWayne L Anderson
RTI International, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Public Health Rep 125:44-51. 2010..We estimated state-level disability-associated health-care expenditures (DAHE) for the U.S. adult population...
- Workforce issues and consumer satisfaction in Medicaid personal assistance servicesWayne L Anderson
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:87-101. 2006..Efforts to improve workforce issues are needed to improve the quality of care of these services...
- Personal care satisfaction among aged and physically disabled Medicaid beneficiariesGalina Khatutsky
RTI International, Waltham, MA 02451 1623, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 28:69-86. 2006....
- Obesity and people with disabilities: the implications for health care expendituresWayne L Anderson
Aging, Disability, and Long Term Care Program, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:E798-804. 2013..This study estimates additional average health care expenditures for overweight and obesity for adults with disabilities vs. without...
- Are consumer-directed home care beneficiaries satisfied? Evidence from Washington stateJoshua M Wiener
Aging, Disability and Long Term Care, RTI International, 701 13th Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20005 3967, USA
Gerontologist 47:763-74. 2007..This study analyzed the effect of consumer-directed versus agency-directed home care on satisfaction with paid personal assistance services among Medicaid beneficiaries in Washington State...
- Effects of state Medicaid home care Medicare maximization programs on Medicare expendituresWayne L Anderson
Research Triangle Institute, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 22:19-40. 2003..We also found significantly higher Medicare spending in states with lower Medicaid spending levels, suggesting that states with high Medicaid utilization have potential to shift some of these expenditures to Medicare...
- Immigrant and non-immigrant certified nursing assistants in nursing homes: how do they differ?Galina Khatutsky
RTI International, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 22:267-87. 2010..The paper discusses major policy issues that arise from the increase in immigrant labor in long-term care...
- Trends in retiree health benefitsLauren A McCormack
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:169-76. 2002..Indemnity enrollment remains strong among retirees, and employers are cautious about Medicare+Choice because of continuing plan withdrawals. Numerous indicators point to a further and accelerating decline in retiree coverage...
- Cost-effectiveness of hospital vaccination programs in North CarolinaAmanda A Honeycutt
RTI UNC Center of Excellence in Health Promotion Economics, RTI International, 2951 Flowers Road South, Atlanta, GA, USA
Vaccine 25:1484-96. 2007..These findings suggest that SOPs are a cost-effective approach for increasing adult vaccination coverage rates in hospital settings...
- Retiree health insurance: recent trends and tomorrow's prospectsLauren A McCormack
University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 23:17-34. 2002..The forces discouraging its growth--rising premium costs, a slower economy, judicial challenges, and an uncertain Medicare+Choice (M+C) program and policy agenda--far outweigh the forces likely to encourage expansion...
- Why do they stay? Job tenure among certified nursing assistants in nursing homesJoshua M Wiener
Aging, Disability, and Long Term Care Program, RTI International, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Gerontologist 49:198-210. 2009..This study identifies factors related to job tenure among certified nursing assistants (CNAs) working in nursing homes...
- Making the system work for home care qualityJoshua M Wiener
RTI International, USA
J Healthc Qual 31:18-23. 2009..The paper concludes by drawing implications for policy...
- Adoption of retrospective Medicare maximization billing practices by state Medicaid home care programsWayne L Anderson
Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Health Polit Policy Law 28:859-81. 2003....
- Disability status, mortality, and leading causes of death in the United States community populationValerie L Forman-Hoffman
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC Division of Human Development and Disability, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
Med Care 53:346-54. 2015..We examined the effect of functional disability on all-cause mortality and cause-specific deaths among community-dwelling US adults...
- Medicare maximization by state Medicaid programs: effects on Medicare home care utilizationWayne L Anderson
Med Care Res Rev 60:201-22. 2003....