Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- G-CSF-mobilized CD34+ cells cultured in interleukin-2 and stem cell factor generate a phenotypically novel monocyteGiuseppe Sconocchia
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Section, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD 20892 0001, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:1214-9. 2004..The generation of CD56+ cells was negatively regulated by hyaluronic acid and IL-4, indicating that extracellular matrix may play an important role in the commitment of CD34+ cells into CD56 myeloid and lymphoid lineages...
- Identification and in vitro expansion of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells specific for human neutrophil elastaseHiroshi Fujiwara
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 103:3076-83. 2004..HNE could, therefore, be used in an HLA-unrestricted manner to induce leukemia-reactive CTLs for adoptive immunotherapy...
- The antileukemia effect of HLA-matched NK and NK-T cells in chronic myelogenous leukemia involves NKG2D-target-cell interactionsGiuseppe Sconocchia
Stem Cell Allotransplantation Section, Hematology Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, Department of Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health (NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 106:3666-72. 2005..However, in vivo, CML cells may avoid NK-cell-mediated immune destruction by immune escape, shedding MICA into the plasma, thereby down-regulating NKG2D on CML CD56(+) cells...
- Autoreactive, cytotoxic T lymphocytes specific for peptides derived from normal B-cell differentiation antigens in healthy individuals and patients with B-cell malignanciesMatthias Grube
Hematology Branch, National Heart-Lung-Blood Institute/NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1047-56. 2004..They are of low avidity and require high doses of peptide for activation. Strategies to increase T-cell avidity would be necessary for T-cell immunotherapeutic approaches using the peptides studied...
- Clonal dominance of chronic myelogenous leukemia is associated with diminished sensitivity to the antiproliferative effects of neutrophil elastaseFrank El-Ouriaghli
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 102:3786-92. 2003..These results suggest that elastase overproduction by the leukemic clone can change the growth environment by digesting growth factors, thereby giving advantage to Ph+ hematopoiesis...
- Neutrophil elastase enzymatically antagonizes the in vitro action of G-CSF: implications for the regulation of granulopoiesisFrank El Ouriaghli
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 101:1752-8. 2003..These results support a role for neutrophil elastase in providing negative feedback to granulopoiesis by direct antagonism of G-CSF...
- Functional leukemia-associated antigen-specific memory CD8+ T cells exist in healthy individuals and in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia before and after stem cell transplantationKatayoun Rezvani
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 102:2892-900. 2003..The increased response in patients after SCT suggests a quantitative explanation for the greater effect of allogeneic SCT...
- In vitro induction of myeloid leukemia-specific CD4 and CD8 T cells by CD40 ligand-activated B cells gene modified to express primary granule proteinsHiroshi Fujiwara
Stem Cell Allotransplant Section, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4495-503. 2005..This study emphasizes the clinical potential of PGP for expansion and adoptive transfer of polyclonal leukemia antigen-specific T cells to treat leukemia...
- CD38 ligation plays a direct role in the induction of IL-1beta, IL-6, and IL-10 secretion in resting human monocytesRoberto Lande
Department of Bacteriology and Medical Mycology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161, Rome, Italy
Cell Immunol 220:30-8. 2002..The key element for the receptor mediated signaling is represented by surface density of CD38 on resting monocytes...
- CD16(low/negative) tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte: lymphoid or myeloid in origin?Giuseppe Sconocchia
Clin Cancer Res 13:1620; author reply 1621. 2007