Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Applicability of a video intervention to increase informed decision making for prostate-specific antigen testingLevi Ross
Cancer Prevention and Control, Office of Cancer Health Disparities Research, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:228-36. 2010..To evaluate the applicability of an evidence-based video intervention to promote informed decision making for prostate cancer screening among African American men with different levels of health literacy...
- Patterns of information behavior and prostate cancer knowledge among African-American menLevi Ross
Office of Cancer Health Disparities Research, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:708-16. 2011..The findings emphasize the need to connect lower-income and lower-educated African-American men to physicians as a source of prostate cancer control information...
- Are podcasts effective at educating African American men about diabetes?Jarrett Johnson
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Office of Cancer Health Disparities, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Am J Mens Health 6:365-7. 2012..Additional research is recommended with larger randomly selected samples using more rigorous research designs...
- Explaining and improving breast cancer information acquisition among African American women in the Deep SouthCharkarra Anderson-Lewis
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississipi, USA
South Med J 105:294-9. 2012....
- Perceived cancer risk: why is it lower among nonwhites than whites?Heather Orom
The School of Public Health and Health Professions, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:746-54. 2010..We explored racial/ethnic differences in perceived cancer risk and determinants of these differences in a nationally representative sample of whites, blacks, Hispanics, and Asians...