Susan A Nowell
Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Examination of human tissue cytosols for expression of sulfotransferase isoform 1A2 (SULT1A2) using a SULT1A2-specific antibodySusan Nowell
National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:394-9. 2005..These studies suggest that if SULT1A2 is expressed as protein, the levels are very low and that SULT1A2 probably does not play a physiological role in chemical carcinogenesis...
- Association of genetic variation in tamoxifen-metabolizing enzymes with overall survival and recurrence of disease in breast cancer patientsSusan A Nowell
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 91:249-58. 2005..These studies indicate that genetic variation in Phase II conjugating enzymes can influence the efficacy of tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer...
- The role of genetic variability in drug metabolism pathways in breast cancer prognosisJi Yeob Choi
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Epidemiology, Elm and Carlton Sts, Buffalo, NY, 14263, USA
Pharmacogenomics 7:613-24. 2006..It is likely that the application of pharmacogenetics, particularly in the setting of randomized clinical trials, will contribute to findings that may result in individualized therapeutic dosing...
- Gene-nutrient interactions in cancer etiologySusan A Nowell
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm Street, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Nutr Rev 62:427-38. 2004..The role of consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as the role of genetic variants in oxidative stress genes, in the risk of breast cancer are also discussed...
- Association of SULT1A1 phenotype and genotype with prostate cancer risk in African-Americans and CaucasiansSusan Nowell
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:270-6. 2004..These results indicate that variations in SULT1A1 activity contributes to prostate cancer risk and the magnitude of the association may differ by ethnicity and be modified by meat consumption...
- Human glutathione S-transferase A2 polymorphisms: variant expression, distribution in prostate cancer cases/controls and a novel formBaitang Ning
National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Pharmacogenetics 14:35-44. 2004....
- Common genetic polymorphisms in the 5'-flanking region of the SULT1A1 gene: haplotypes and their association with platelet enzymatic activityBaitang Ning
Division of Pharmacogenomics and Molecular Epidemiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arizona, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:465-73. 2005..These studies indicate that variation in the promoter region of the SULT1A1 gene exerts a significant influence on enzymatic activity...
- Association between manganese superoxide dismutase promoter gene polymorphism and breast cancer survivalRobert C G Martin
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R45. 2006..The aim of our study was to investigate possible associations of the -102 C>T polymorphism with overall and relapse-free breast cancer survival in a hospital-based case-only study...