W G Kraybill
Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- A phase I study of fever-range whole body hyperthermia (FR-WBH) in patients with advanced solid tumours: correlation with mouse modelsW G Kraybill
Division of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 18:253-66. 2002..These studies have established the safety of this treatment and will allow for future clinical trials where application of FR-WBH treatment can be combined with other anti-cancer therapies, including immunotherapy and chemotherapy...
- Phase II study of neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy in the management of high-risk, high-grade, soft tissue sarcomas of the extremities and body wall: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Trial 9514William G Kraybill
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:619-25. 2006..On the basis of a positive reported single-institution pilot study, the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group initiated phase II trial 9514 to evaluate its neoadjuvant regimen in a multi-institutional Intergroup setting...
- Nodal basin recurrence following lymph node dissection for melanoma: implications for adjuvant radiotherapyR J Lee
Division of Radiation Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:467-74. 2000..To determine prognostic factors predictive of local recurrence in the lymph node basin in order to select patients who may benefit from adjuvant radiotherapy...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and soft tissue sarcomas: tumor expression correlates with gradeC Chao
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:260-7. 2001....
- Risk factors for nodal recurrence after lymphadenectomy for melanomaI Pidhorecky
Division of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo 14263, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:109-15. 2001..Few patients present with an isolated nodal recurrence, but the majority can be salvaged by a second dissection...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma: an institutional reviewJ F Gibbs
Division of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Cancer Invest 19:23-7. 2001..A thorough understanding of malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH), the most common subtype of soft tissue sarcoma, will lead to improved histologic-specific protocols...
- Adjuvant therapy for extremity sarcomasMichael Schlieman
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Carlton Building Room 252, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 7:456-63. 2006..The goal of these trials should be to assess new combination therapies, possibly including targeted therapies, for the management of large high-grade, high-risk soft tissue sarcomas...
- The prognostic significance of margin width for extremity and trunk sarcomaMark D McKee
Division of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and State University of New York, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Surg Oncol 85:68-76. 2004....
- Palliative surgery of soft tissue sarcomaDavid G Sheldon
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 13:531-41, ix. 2004..Also, in some patients chemotherapy will fail, and local and regional recurrence will occur. This article outlines options for palliative care for such patients...
- Local excision of rectal carcinomaM I Chorost
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Am Surg 67:774-9. 2001..The use of adjuvant chemoradiation appears to reduce this high recurrence rate and may eventually become a standard adjunct to local excision of rectal cancer...
- Radical operations for soft tissue sarcomasJohn M Kane
Department of Surgical Oncology Melanoma Sarcoma, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 14:633-48, viii. 2005
- Diagnostic challenges in patients with tumors: case 1. Gossypiboma (foreign body) manifesting 30 years after laparotomyAshwani Rajput
Roswell Park Cancer Institute ans the State Unviversity of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3700-1. 2003
- Fever-range whole body hyperthermia increases the number of perfused tumor blood vessels and therapeutic efficacy of liposomally encapsulated doxorubicinYan Xu
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 23:513-27. 2007..1) Can fever-range whole body hyperthermia (FR-WBH) affect the number of perfused tumor blood vessels? (2) Can pre-treatment with FR-WBH improve accumulation or anti-tumor efficacy of doxorubicin or DOXIL (liposomal doxorubicin)?..
- The benefits of adjuvant radiation therapy after therapeutic lymphadenectomy for clinically advanced, high-risk, lymph node-metastatic melanomaShefali Agrawal
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer 115:5836-44. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of adjuvant radiation therapy (RT) on regional recurrence and survival after therapeutic lymphadenectomy (TL) for clinically advanced, lymph node-metastatic melanoma...
- Developments in the management of extremity soft tissue sarcomasJ Alexander Palesty
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Invest 23:692-9. 2005....
- The effectiveness of complete decongestive physiotherapy for the treatment of lymphedema following groin dissection for melanomaChristian S Hinrichs
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Surg Oncol 85:187-92. 2004..In 1996, we began using complete decongestive physiotherapy (CDP) in selected patients with lymphedema following groin dissection. Here, we review our results in a small cohort of patients...
- Clinical trials and soft tissue sarcomasAshwani Rajput
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:485-97. 2003..The importance of collaboration in enrolling patients in clinical trials to evaluate these future therapies cannot be overstated...
- Soft tissue sarcomaGeorge D Demetri
Dana Faber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:364-99. 2007
- Seminars in patient rehabilitation: editorialWilliam G Kraybill
J Surg Oncol 95:359-60. 2007
- Long-term management of patients after potentially curative treatment of extremity soft tissue sarcoma: practice patterns of members of the Society of Surgical OncologyFrank E Johnson
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, 3635 Vista Ave at Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Surg Oncol 14:33-40. 2005..Efforts to provide high-quality evidence on this topic are warranted...
- Randomized multicenter trial of hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion with melphalan alone compared with melphalan plus tumor necrosis factor: American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Trial Z0020Wendy R Cornett
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4196-201. 2006....
- MelanomaAlan N Houghton
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:666-84. 2006
- Extremity soft tissue sarcoma patient follow-up: tumor grade and size affect surveillance strategies after potentially curative surgeryKeita Sakata
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center and the Surgical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Int J Oncol 22:1335-43. 2003..These data permit rational design of a randomized clinical trial of two alternative follow-up plans...
- Costs of follow-up after potentially curative treatment for extremity soft-tissue sarcomaAnupam Goel
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Int J Oncol 25:429-35. 2004..Computer simulation analysis also holds great promise as an assessment tool for surveillance strategies because patient participation is not required...
- How surgeon age affects surveillance strategies for extremity soft tissue sarcoma patients after potentially curative treatmentKeita Sakata
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Science Center, Missouri 63110, USA
J Surg Res 108:227-34. 2002..We investigated whether the date of completion of formal surgical training affects choice of surveillance strategy...