Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Fluence rate as a modulator of PDT mechanismsBarbara W Henderson
Department of Cell Stress Biology, The Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, New York 14263, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:489-93. 2006..This article provides supporting evidence for the role of fluence rate in PDT and discusses the underlying mechanisms...
- Choice of oxygen-conserving treatment regimen determines the inflammatory response and outcome of photodynamic therapy of tumorsBarbara W Henderson
Department of Cellular Stress Biology and the Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 64:2120-6. 2004..Local inflammation is not a critical factor for tumor control under optimal PDT treatment conditions...
- Photodynamic therapy for head and neck dysplasia and cancerNestor R Rigual
Department of Head and Neck Surgery Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:784-8. 2009..To determine the response of dysplasia, carcinoma in situ (CIS), and T1 carcinoma of the oral cavity and larynx to photodynamic therapy with porfimer sodium...
- Endobronchial photodynamic therapy for lung cancerGregory M Loewen
Solid Tumor Division, Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:364-70. 2006..Endobronchial photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a minimally invasive technique for the palliation of major airway obstruction from lung cancer, and for the treatment of endobronchial microinvasive lung cancer...
- Photodynamic therapy: a means to enhanced drug delivery to tumorsJohn W Snyder
The Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 63:8126-31. 2003..In summary, we have developed a novel PDT treatment that enhances the delivery and efficacy of macromolecule-based cancer therapies such as Doxil...
- Light delivery over extended time periods enhances the effectiveness of photodynamic therapyMukund Seshadri
Department of Cell Stress Biology and Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2796-805. 2008..The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between irradiance, photosensitizer dose, and PDT dose with regard to treatment outcome and tumor oxygenation in a rat tumor model...
- Photodynamic therapy enhancement of antitumor immunity is regulated by neutrophilsPhilaretos C Kousis
Department of Cell Stress Biology and the Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 67:10501-10. 2007..Immune-enhancing PDT regimens may then be combined with treatments that result in optimal ablation of primary tumors, thus inhibiting growth of primary tumor and controlling disseminated disease...
- Generation of effective antitumor vaccines using photodynamic therapySandra O Gollnick
PDT Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 62:1604-8. 2002..These studies also suggest that in addition to the role of PDT as a therapeutic modality, PDT-generated vaccines may have clinical potential as an adjuvant therapy...
- Cross-linking of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3--a molecular marker for the photodynamic reaction in cells and tumorsBarbara W Henderson
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3156-63. 2007..This study establishes a quantitative marker for the photoreaction that will predict the outcome of PDT...
- Purpurinimide carbohydrate conjugates: effect of the position of the carbohydrate moiety in photosensitizing efficacySuresh K Pandey
Photodynamic Therapy Center, Department of Dermatology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Mol Pharm 4:448-64. 2007..In a comparative ELISA study of the lactose conjugates with free lactose, all carbohydrate-purpurinimides showed binding to both galectins with a significant variation between the batches of galectins...
- A novel approach to a bifunctional photosensitizer for tumor imaging and phototherapyYihui Chen
PDT Center, Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Bioconjug Chem 16:1264-74. 2005....
- Synthesis and photosensitizing efficacy of isomerically pure bacteriopurpurinimidesYihui Chen
PDT Center, Department of Dermatology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Med Chem 47:4814-7. 2004..However, in preliminary in vivo screening, compared to the S-isomer, the corresponding R-isomer produced enhanced in vivo photodynamic therapy efficacy...
- Bacteriopurpurinimides: highly stable and potent photosensitizers for photodynamic therapyYihui Chen
J Med Chem 45:255-8. 2002....
- OXYGEN AND LIGHT DEPENDENCY OF PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPYBarbara Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Similarly, PDT destroyed tumor cells may provide tumor antigen to differentiating dendritic cells generated by preceding delivery of GM-CSF. ..