Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Genomic profiling of myeloid sarcoma by array comparative genomic hybridizationGeorge Deeb
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 44:373-83. 2005..These results demonstrate that array-CGH is a powerful tool to screen MS tissue for unbalanced genomic abnormalities, allowing identification of chromosome abnormalities when concurrent BM is nonanalyzable or nonleukemic...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1α protein expression is associated with poor survival in normal karyotype adult acute myeloid leukemiaGeorge Deeb
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Leuk Res 35:579-84. 2011..HIF-1α expression correlated with VEGF-C but not VEGF-A, marrow angiogenesis, FLT3 ITD or NPM1 mutations. These results support HIF-1α as an outcome marker for NK-AML...
- CD19 expression in acute leukemia is not restricted to the cytogenetically aberrant populationsJawad Francis
Leukemia Section, Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:1517-20. 2013..There were no significant differences in karyotypic pattern between the CD19-positive and CD19-negative leukemic cells, raising the concern that therapeutically targeting CD19 for acute leukemia may not eradicate all malignant clones...
- Genomic, immunophenotypic, and NPM1/FLT3 mutational studies on 17 patients with normal karyotype acute myeloid leukemia (AML) followed by aberrant karyotype AML at relapseEunice S Wang
Leukemia Service, Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 202:101-7. 2010..Additional studies are needed to confirm whether AK AML cells represent selection of rare preexisting clones below aCGH detection and to further characterize the molecular lesions found at time of AK AML relapse...
- MLN2238, a proteasome inhibitor, induces caspase-dependent cell death, cell cycle arrest, and potentiates the cytotoxic activity of chemotherapy agents in rituximab-chemotherapy-sensitive or rituximab-chemotherapy-resistant B-cell lymphoma preclinical modJuan J Gu
Departments of aMedicine bImmunology cPathology dSurgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Anticancer Drugs 24:1030-8. 2013....
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 expression prevalence and its clinical implications in non-small cell lung cancer: a high-throughput tissue microarray and immunohistochemistry studyDongfeng Tan
Lung Cancer Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, USA
Hum Pathol 34:597-604. 2003..The results from this study strongly indicate that further investigation is warranted to better define the role of TTF-1 as a prognostic factor in this malignancy...
- HER-2/neu protein expression and gene alteration in stage I-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer: a study of 140 cases using a combination of high throughput tissue microarray, immunohistochemistry, and fluorescent in situ hybridizationDongfeng Tan
Department of Pathology, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 12:201-11. 2003..Patients with HER-2/neu gene amplification and strong positive expression of HER-2/neu protein showed a strong tendency toward shorter survival...
- Phase II trial of clofarabine and daunorubicin as induction therapy for acute myeloid leukemia patients greater than or equal to 60 years of ageCarlos E Vigil
Leukemia Section, Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, United States
Leuk Res 37:1468-71. 2013..Six (28.6%) patients achieved complete remission including three (21.4%) of 14 patients with unfavorable AML. The median disease-free survival was 6.8 months and the median overall survival was 11.2 months. ..
- Ofatumumab demonstrates activity against rituximab-sensitive and -resistant cell lines, lymphoma xenografts and primary tumour cells from patients with B-cell lymphomaMatthew J Barth
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Br J Haematol 156:490-8. 2012....
- Monoallelic and biallelic deletions of 13q14.3 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: FISH vs miRNA RT-qPCR detectionMatthew T Smonskey
Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 137:641-6. 2012..Analyzed retrospectively, miR-15a levels differ among the del(13q) groups. However, only del(13qx2) miR-15a levels are reduced enough to determine the allelic status of an individual sample prospectively by real-time quantitative PCR...
- Recurrent deletion of 9q34 in adult normal karyotype precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNorma J Nowak
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 199:15-20. 2010..This aberration has not been described before in adult NK B-ALL. Larger number of samples is warranted to determine the prognostic significance of this cryptic deletion...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in clinically distinct groups of serous ovarian carcinomas using cDNA microarrayYvonne Collins
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14261, USA
Int J Mol Med 14:43-53. 2004..Our study demonstrates differential gene expression in clinically distinct groups of SEOC using cDNA microarray. These genes may potentially be useful as biomarkers and/or targets for therapeutic intervention...
- Higher response to lenalidomide in relapsed/refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in nongerminal center B-cell-like than in germinal center B-cell-like phenotypeFrancisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Cancer 117:5058-66. 2011..Lenalidomide was previously shown to induce an overall response rate (ORR) of 28% in patients with relapsed/refractory DLBCL. It is currently unknown if response rates differ between patients with different DLBCL subtypes...
- Altered E-cadherin and epidermal growth factor receptor expressions are associated with patient survival in lung cancer: a study utilizing high-density tissue microarray and immunohistochemistryGeorge Deeb
Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Mod Pathol 17:430-9. 2004..Moreover, the cytoplasmic expression of E-cad may represent an altered localization of this protein in association with tumorigenicity...
- Lipomatous hemangiopericytoma of the head and neck: immunohistochemical and DNA ploidy analysesSadir J Alrawi
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Head Neck 26:544-9. 2004..Although one case of LHPC in the sinonasal region was briefly reported, this is the first case in the head and neck region with detailed clinicopathologic features and molecular analysis of this entity...
- Precursor B lymphoblastic leukemia with surface light chain immunoglobulin restriction: a report of 15 patientsRina Kansal
Department of Pathology, Buffalo General Hospital, The State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:512-25. 2004....