S J Alrawi
Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Prognostic significance of MCM2, Ki-67 and gelsolin in non-small cell lung cancerJun Yang
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
BMC Cancer 6:203. 2006..In this study, we assessed the prognostic significance of MCM2 and Ki-67, two markers of proliferation, and gelsolin, a marker of motility, in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Tissue eosinophilic infiltration: a useful marker for assessing stromal invasion, survival and locoregional recurrence in head and neck squamous neoplasiaSadir J Alrawi
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Buffalo, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer J 11:217-25. 2005..We investigated whether an eosinophilic infiltration in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma measured in biopsies would aid in predicting tumor invasion, response to treatment, locoregional recurrence, and survival...
- Peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the mandible with cytogenetic and molecular biology aberrationsSadir J Alrawi
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1216-21. 2005
- Primary adenocarcinoma of cervical esophagusS J Alrawi
Dept of Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 24:325-30. 2005..It seems this tumor has a much better prognosis than adenocarcinomas arising from Barrett's. To our knowledge only 19 cases have been reported in literature so far...
- Aberrant crypt fociSadir J Alrawi
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Anticancer Res 26:107-19. 2006..These transformations may lead to the identification of the earliest pathological features initiating colon tumorigenesis. In this review, the advances in ACF research as precursors of CRCs are highlighted...
- Aberrant crypt foci as precursors in colorectal cancer progressionFrank A Orlando
Department of Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Surg Oncol 98:207-13. 2008..Genetic profiling using genomic instability, loss of heterozygosity, and methylation analysis has revealed a minority population of ACF genotypically analogous to cancer...
- Primary thoracoscopic evaluation of pleural effusion with local anesthesia: an alternative approachSadir J Alrawi
Lutheran Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Brooklyn, New York, USA
JSLS 6:143-7. 2002..The development of a thoracoscopically assisted technique to be performed with the patient under local anesthesia for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes when treating pleural effusions and empyemas in high-risk surgical patients...
- Lipomatous hemangiopericytoma of the head and neck: immunohistochemical and DNA ploidy analysesSadir J Alrawi
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Head Neck 26:544-9. 2004..Although one case of LHPC in the sinonasal region was briefly reported, this is the first case in the head and neck region with detailed clinicopathologic features and molecular analysis of this entity...
- Genomic instability of human aberrant crypt foci measured by inter-(simple sequence repeat) PCR and array-CGHSadir J Alrawi
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Mutat Res 601:30-8. 2006..The absence of genomic events detectible by BAC array-CGH indicates early events in colorectal tumor progression are typically smaller than the approximate 150 kb size of a BAC clone insert...