S J Alrawi
Affiliation: Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Prognostic significance of MCM2, Ki-67 and gelsolin in non-small cell lung cancerJun Yang
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
BMC Cancer 6:203. 2006..In this study, we assessed the prognostic significance of MCM2 and Ki-67, two markers of proliferation, and gelsolin, a marker of motility, in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Tissue eosinophilic infiltration: a useful marker for assessing stromal invasion, survival and locoregional recurrence in head and neck squamous neoplasiaSadir J Alrawi
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Buffalo, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer J 11:217-25. 2005..We investigated whether an eosinophilic infiltration in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma measured in biopsies would aid in predicting tumor invasion, response to treatment, locoregional recurrence, and survival...
- Peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the mandible with cytogenetic and molecular biology aberrationsSadir J Alrawi
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1216-21. 2005
- Primary adenocarcinoma of cervical esophagusS J Alrawi
Dept of Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 24:325-30. 2005..It seems this tumor has a much better prognosis than adenocarcinomas arising from Barrett's. To our knowledge only 19 cases have been reported in literature so far...
- Aberrant crypt fociSadir J Alrawi
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Anticancer Res 26:107-19. 2006..These transformations may lead to the identification of the earliest pathological features initiating colon tumorigenesis. In this review, the advances in ACF research as precursors of CRCs are highlighted...
- Aberrant crypt foci as precursors in colorectal cancer progressionFrank A Orlando
Department of Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Surg Oncol 98:207-13. 2008..Genetic profiling using genomic instability, loss of heterozygosity, and methylation analysis has revealed a minority population of ACF genotypically analogous to cancer...
- Primary thoracoscopic evaluation of pleural effusion with local anesthesia: an alternative approachSadir J Alrawi
Lutheran Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Brooklyn, New York, USA
JSLS 6:143-7. 2002..This technique may eventually become the standard of care for the treatment of pleural effusions...
- Lipomatous hemangiopericytoma of the head and neck: immunohistochemical and DNA ploidy analysesSadir J Alrawi
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Head Neck 26:544-9. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Contrary to the old belief that HPC has an aggressive nature, this variant of tumor looks less aggressive. The patient was followed for 1 year without any evidence of recurrence, supporting our pathologic hypothesis...
- Genomic instability of human aberrant crypt foci measured by inter-(simple sequence repeat) PCR and array-CGHSadir J Alrawi
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Mutat Res 601:30-8. 2006..The absence of genomic events detectible by BAC array-CGH indicates early events in colorectal tumor progression are typically smaller than the approximate 150 kb size of a BAC clone insert...