Helen W Wilson
Affiliation: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Does physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect in childhood increase the likelihood of same-sex sexual relationships and cohabitation? A prospective 30-year follow-upHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Arch Sex Behav 39:63-74. 2010....
- Sexually transmitted diseases among adults who had been abused and neglected as children: a 30-year prospective studyHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S197-203. 2009..We examined associations between childhood abuse and neglect and the risk in adulthood for sexually transmitted diseases...
- A prospective examination of the path from child abuse and neglect to illicit drug use in middle adulthood: the potential mediating role of four risk factorsHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The City University of New York, New York, NY 11231, USA
J Youth Adolesc 38:340-54. 2009..These results suggest that for women, the path from CAN to middle adulthood drug use is part of a general "problem behavior syndrome" evident earlier in life...
- Predictors of drug-use patterns in maltreated children and matched controls followed up into middle adulthoodHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:801-9. 2010..This study examines whether child abuse; child neglect; demographic, family and social, behavioral, economic, and neighborhood risk; and protective factors predict different drug-use patterns into middle adulthood...
- Pathways from childhood abuse and neglect to HIV-risk sexual behavior in middle adulthoodHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:236-46. 2011....
- An examination of risky sexual behavior and HIV in victims of child abuse and neglect: a 30-year follow-upHelen W Wilson
Department of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, New York, NY 10019, USA
Health Psychol 27:149-58. 2008..This article examined links between childhood maltreatment and risky sexual behavior (early sexual contact, promiscuity, prostitution) and HIV in adulthood...
- Research review: The relationship between childhood violence exposure and juvenile antisocial behavior: a meta-analytic reviewHelen W Wilson
Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, CT, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:769-79. 2009..However, there are a limited number of well-designed prospective studies that can suggest a causal relationship, and little is known about the magnitude of the relationship...
- Do the long-term consequences of neglect differ for children of different races and ethnic backgrounds?Cathy Spatz Widom
John Jay College, New York, NY 10019, USA
Child Maltreat 18:42-55. 2013..Understanding the factors that account for similarities and differences in consequences requires further investigation. Implications for research and policy are discussed...