Karen M Clary
Affiliation: Rochester General Hospital
- Interobserver variability in the fine needle aspiration biopsy diagnosis of follicular lesions of the thyroid glandKaren M Clary
Department of Pathology, Allegheny General Hospital and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Acta Cytol 49:378-82. 2005....
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy of vertebral lesionsReda S Saad
Department of Pathology, Allegheny General Hospital, 320 East North Avenue, South Tower, 3rd Floor, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212, USA
Acta Cytol 48:39-46. 2004..To evaluate the accuracy of fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) in the diagnosis of vertebral lesions...
- Role of cytology in the diagnosis of Barrett's esophagus and associated neoplasiaReda S Saad
Department of Pathology, Allegheny General Hospital Drexel University College of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 29:130-5. 2003..Our results support the high degree of diagnostic accuracy of cytology for the diagnosis of Barrett's-associated HGD and/or carcinoma, and moderate sensitivity for BE...
- Cytohistologic discrepancies: a means to improve pathology practice and patient outcomesKaren M Clary
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 117:567-73. 2002..Cytohistologic correlation is a useful tool to monitor performance and to identify specimen types prone to error...
- Do liquid-based preparations of urinary cytology perform differently than classically prepared cases? Observations from the College of American Pathologists Interlaboratory Comparison Program in Nongynecologic CytologyRodolfo Laucirica
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:19-22. 2010..The cytomorphology of liquid-based preparations in urine cytology is different than classic slide preparations...
- The role of monitoring interpretive rates, concordance between cytotechnologist and pathologist interpretations before sign-out, and turnaround time in gynecologic cytology quality assurance: findings from the College of American Pathologists Gynecologic Karen M Clary
Department of Pathology, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, New York 14621, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 137:164-74. 2013..These were presented at a consensus conference and electronic voting occurred...
- Atypical squamous metaplasia of seromas in breast needle aspirates from irradiated lumpectomy sites: a potential pitfall for false-positive diagnoses of carcinomaReda S Saad
Allegheny General Hospital, MCP Hahnemann University, Pittsburgh, PA 13212, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 26:104-8. 2002..The squamous metaplastic cells in aspirates of these cystic lesions may display significant cellular atypia that can potentially result in a false-positive diagnosis of malignancy...