DAVID A BORKHOLDER
Affiliation: Rochester Institute of Technology
- State-of-the-art mechanisms of intracochlear drug deliveryDAVID A BORKHOLDER
Department of Electrical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 16:472-7. 2008..This review examines recent developments in the field relevant to both clinical and animal research environments...
- Murine intracochlear drug delivery: reducing concentration gradients within the cochleaDAVID A BORKHOLDER
Department of Electrical and Microelectronic Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
Hear Res 268:2-11. 2010..Both the C+C approach and a flow rate increase were found to provide enhanced response for lower frequencies, with evidence suggesting the C+C approach reduces concentration gradients within the cochlea...
- Micro-molded cannulae for intracochlear infusions in small rodentsDean G Johnson
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY, 14623 USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:6617-20. 2007..Histological evaluation revealed the cannula to be located correctly within the basal portion of scala tympani...
- In-plane biocompatible microfluidic interconnects for implantable microsystemsDean G Johnson
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:943-8. 2011..9 N. Each interconnect consumes less than 0.018 mm3 (18 nL) of volume. The low added volume makes this an ideal interconnect technology for medical applications where implant volume is critical...
- Improved Micro-Technologies for Inner Ear Drug DeliveryDAVID BORKHOLDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research will provide information, tools, and new capabilities critical for the advancement of intra-cochlear gene-based therapy research. ..